Sign in to follow this  
mysticnas

CM Will you HELP? New Hyper 48 Scratches 2 in a row!

mysticnas    0

Hi all,

I recieved my new hyper 48 hsf a few days ago via mail order. I thought i'd give it a good inspection.

I peeled back a little of the sticker to see what the finish was like. I was astounded to see that the contact area was quite scratched. No really deep valley like gouges or anything. It looks like erm.. as if someone had run a nail over the contact area in a few lines.

I'm going to have to look take out the lapping kit now. I read loads of reviews saying the hyper 48 had a perfect finish.

Maybe i've just been supplied a bad example.

UPDATE 16-08-05

I've recieved a 2nd relacement and that too is scratched on the base, read further for photo's of the 2nd one. I've contacted CM via email and recieved no response. I always thought cooler master produced qaulity equipment and provided good customer support, especially in situations like these. Maybe i'm wrong. As yes, nearly a month i think now since it started, CM still hasn't offered any assistance in way of replying to emails or posting here. They're we all to happy to help me decide to buy a CM HSF, replied to my posts and emails, and now that i need help after i've bought one of their products it seems as if they've turned a blind eye.

ID    0

It would help if you could take a picture and show us.

mysticnas    0

i did take some pics last night, but they didn't come out too well as the camera has trouble focussing on the surface (reflecting light and all that) but i'll have another go tonight.

69j0h96    0

That isn´t normal. You should make an RMA to you Cooler Master resseler, but the photos will help us in this question...

Stay Cool... :wink:

mysticnas    0

hopefully a lapping and some AS5 should sort it out.

Will post up the photo's here though when i get home later tonight, and you guys can give me your opinion.

xstax    0

I have a Hyper48 and the contact surface is perfectly smooth I'd RMA asap. I love my Hyper48 btw personally I'd say it's wirth an RMA to make sure you won't have any problems.

mysticnas    0

the package was a little torn too....

by that i mean the plastic wrap that's houses the HSF and all the bits, not the cardboard on the outside.

Do you think it's been returned and sold to me as new?

zerospace    0

It sounds like that could be possible... if I were you, I'd RMA it for a new one for sure. :wink:

mysticnas    0

what do to do?

"* Returning Faulty Branded Products *

A large number of Manufacturers have a dedicated Helpline where a technician will

analyse the problem with you and where the fault cannot be rectified over the phone

will issue a Manufacturers Fault No. This number will assist us in expediting your request

as quickly as possible. Here is a list of Manufacturers Helpline numbers >>"

Cooler Master isn't in the list, Novatech also imply that i'll have to pay all postage???

I'll take the pics and upload them tonight.

mysticnas    0