Sign in to follow this  
newbietocm

cooldrive 4 - please help!

newbietocm    0

just wondering -

my cooldrive 4 keeps on reseting after turning on/off computer....

it is getting sooo annoying! anyone have this happen to them before?

fans/lights -- they all go back to normal

fan at high power - and lights blinking away....

cm...help me!

The first version of Aerogate II and Cool Drive 4 does not have memory feature. If you shut your computer down, it will restart back to normal. The second version which was release beginning of 2005, that one has a memory function where you could set it and forget it.

imlek    0

This is so not fair to have 2 versions and customer to find that out after shop when realise that he has bad version...

I bought one today, cooldrive 4, and after memory feature not working searched the forums, and found this post, looked at my box and it says 2003... what i wonder is that in instructions it says:

Memory Fuction * Cooldrive 4 is equiped with solid-state memory to memorize your setting.

What function is it then? I got another peace of paper , witch is Notice: ands says about adjustable temp setting, silent alert mode, and temerature unit memory function, and voltage range. If my unit comes with this 4 features that says in notice that it was updated , then earlier versions didnt had this, then we have 3 revisions of cooldrive?

If memory funcion not working, and it says in manual it has one, can i return this unit to shop?

Please answer...

knud    128

Sorry to hear that you have a version of 2003. (but then again, this is an older product).

You can return it the shop, but it's not sure if the shop has the "newer" version.

If it's possible for you, I suggest you exchange for a cooldrive 6, which has memory function for sure :)

imlek    0

Thanx for reply, but, problem 'partialy' solved, i saw here http://forum.coolermaster.com/viewtopic ... 6598#56598 solution for light problem solved , and i tried cpu+color combination, and it worked, cooldrive remembers rpm settings now, when power cicle, fans go at highest speeds but slow down one after one to remembered values. Now, this morning my settings lost again, but i read on other forum , that before power down, it must be left on 'cpu' , otherwise it looses settings, maybe last night i didnt left on cpu and that was why this morning he lost it. On that forum, instructions go like this, you have to press cpu button, + constantly pressing color button until unit blocks itself, that is until not responds to commands anymore, now after that power cycle of unit, and it should work, if left on cpu every time.

Kinda funny solution, cm should put this in manual :) . From now on, i leave unit in cpu state and will see how it goes.

edit: after one hour of leaving it off, he lost settings, fans on max, only color was remembered. or it has short memory, or something else, dunno, not satisfied with it at all...