Steve

Unfortunate newegg experience

Steve    1

I recently built a new system, which included a MasterLiquid ML360R RGB. A large number of the components, including the cooler, were purchased from newegg.

One of the components, and I am being careful not to name the manufacturer, did not match the specs given by newegg on their product page.  That is - the component that I received was exactly what I had ordered, but as I found out, the product description on newegg's site listed incorrect information as compared to the manufacturer's specs as listed on the manufacturer's site.

When the component failed almost immediately, I contacted newegg and explained the bad info on their product description page.

I was informed by newegg that they are not responsible for misprints, because they simply paste in the info given by the manufacturer, and if that info is wrong, then it is not a newegg problem, and I need to contact their supplier, not them.

As it turns out, the supplier has the correct information listed, only newegg has the wrong specs... and therefor it is a newegg problem, and I need to take it up with them.

Newegg refused to listen to me, and refused to go to their suppliers page and see the error for themselves. They also refused to help me, and instead sent me back to their supplier.

I left a poor review, and cited the specific errors in the product specs.

Newegg deleted the review.

I left a second review, less critical of my customer service experience, but still listing the exact specs from the supplier as a caution to anyone who might make the same mistake I had.

Newegg deleted that review as well.

I still have a product that is demonstrably broken due to bad specs on newegg's site; they refuse to help me, and after two months, still have bad info on their site.

Since they refuse to listen to their customers, I wanted to share their underhanded business practices with all of the suppliers that I purchased products from through newegg, and let them know that newegg is a toxic company with the worst kind of business practices.

If they won't listen to their direct customers, maybe they will listen to their suppliers.

Good day.

• Like 1

Graill    0

Newegg is now owned by china and has been for a few years, the primary reason the customer service, like coolermaster, is so bad. When either newegg or coolermaster tries to remove my posts or not reply I have the luxury of good lawyers to cost them some funds in legal fees as punishment. They get in contact with me very quickly after that. I suggest you utilize the BBB, the FTC or the consumeraffairs.com site if you cannot afford friends to help you. Since newegg is no longer an accredited business the only way to get their attention is to hurt their already damaged image further and cost them lots in legal fees.

Now unless you can spend the money I do on lawyers you will not get the results I do but you can leave some strongly worded complaints (que laughter). On the sites mentioned above do not include your own passion or use vulgarity or appear childish in that you cannot control your anger or you will look foolish and not be taken seriously. This is not legal advice, just what I do to "clear things up" when a business decides after the purchase I am no longer worth their time.

Be precise, leave bullet comments and then a solution that is in keeping with the EULA or TOS you had to click through to purchase or use your product when contacting these consumer help companies. With china being the owners of both newegg and coolermaster you have a problem, the chinese communist party controls everything. While the communist party does not interfere in the day to day workings of small companies like newegg and coolermaster, those owners do have guidelines they must follow, this is the primary reason the customer support and service in both companies is so abysmal, these companies know other countries can rarely pressure their sovereign nature legally and just generally blow off threats or bad publicity unless you can show them you can hurt them financially or provide bad, high visibility press.

To any moderator reading this, no part of the current TOS has been violated, no legal advice has been given, I just reference my procedures and some suggestions. Removal of this post will result in action from my company regarding international obligation and law regarding product warranties and communications. These posts and replies or removals will be forwarded to my lawyers.

Have a nice day folks. I will even make a post regarding a product and show you what happens if it does not get answered by executive customer care in it's response.

Note that with the current viral pandemic caused by china, help timelines will be much longer. But then chinese business authorities have informed me that businesses are starting back up in china, so it should not be too bad.