Sign in to follow this  
bigmike20vt

my psu went pop :(

bigmike20vt    0

Hi

I have had one of these (excellent) cases for a few months, however only of the pins going into the psu has severed, resulting in a lot of arcing, & generally making it unsafe. i cant return the entire case as it would mean stripping out the computer, however i have removed the psu. Do you guys know the turn around time on this as am without a computer & need it asap, sadly its a none standard psu so cant put in a spare.

my system is well within the spec for this psu (only a HTPC with an athlon 2500+, Matrox G450, 512mb 1 hdd & a burner)

Do you think CM will mail me out a psu before i send mine in, just to speed things up?

i have mailed CM but am waiting for a reply.

currently have no dvd/DiVX player or internet access without my computer :(

bigmike20vt    0
It would help if you could mention which case/PSU combination you have :wink:

the desktop Cavalier with 300w psu (CAV-T04) not sure the make of psu as its at home (i guess its standard for all cases tho is it???)

cheers

M.

hyl768s    0

Hey,bigmike20vt,

Just RMA the PSU with the place you purchased the case. They should replace your old PSU with updated new 350W ture output PSU.

bigmike20vt    0
Hey,bigmike20vt,

Just RMA the PSU with the place you purchased the case. They should replace your old PSU with updated new 350W ture output PSU.

--------

excellent. can never have too much power

every cloud has a sliver lining & all that then :)

until then i may be able to borrow a temporary 350w psu.

will be an "interesting" set up but it should be safe (i hope)

thanks everyone for the advice.

bigmike20vt    0

incidently anyidea how long it will take for them to get back to me with an RMA?

i mailed their tech support 1st thing yesterday & still no response.

i am guessnig that is the thing to do? i cant find instructions for getting an rma on their site

cheers

M.

Infinity    0
incidently anyidea how long it will take for them to get back to me with an RMA?
Who did you purchase it from? As suggested by hyl768s you should goto them first for an RMA, if they won't provide you with a replacement, then get intouch with coolermaster directly.

When I last contected coolermaster-europe I got a satisfactory reply within 48hrs (weekdays).

bigmike20vt    0

Hi

yes i will have to do that. The reason i didnt do this as a 1st option is dabs claim to have a 6 week turn around on RMA's & suggest you go direct.

Coolermaster mailed me today however & said i had to go with Dabs so all in all i am a bit dissaponted :(

the clincher will be however, i have a sneaky feeling that dabs are going to want the whole case not just the psu, & as i have to pay postage, it will hardly be worth it.

only other option is, can you buy the cm psu seperate?

anyways thanks for the responses, i have mailed dabs asking if they will accept just the psu. The automated response with the rma number stated they must have the whole package with the original packaging for them to accept it back.

Clearly this is insane & hoipefully they will be flexible on this.

time will tell.

Infinity    0

Ah yes, dabs suck bad style for returns and from what I can remember they don't refund your return postage costs, that's why I don't buy from them anymore.

They won't ship out a new chassis to you before you send back your current one, and I doubt they'll send out a psu on its own :(

As far as I know you can't buy the PSU on its own, unless you're lucky enough to find someone (ebay?) who is selling the PSU on its own, or if coolermasters RMA department will send you one.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

Dabs are muppets dont buy from them they wont send out a replacement psu included with the case nearly all companies will want the cases returned, contact oolermaster.