Sign in to follow this  
PoiZen

Cavalier

PoiZen    0

Sorry if this is redundant, I'm wondering, as I prepare to purchase a new case. Is it possible to purchase the CAV-T01 or CAV-T03 without the side window and 350w PS?

Thanks!

oinkypig    0

:lol:

And I am holding back my purchase of Cav1 cause I WANT the side window.

In Singapore, the Cav1/3 is sold without the side window. Though the PSU is part of the package.

You can always swap the PSU with your preferred one.

:D

PoiZen    0

Yeah I will swap if I can't find it sold w/o a PSU, I just hate buying stuff I dont need.

The pictures of the case at those retailers here that carry it, show no side window, but the description says there is a side window. I want one without so I can do the mod myself, as I dont want a rectangle.

I'd trade you, but the shipping to Singapore would be more than the case. :P

BroChaos    0

i think the ones at accupc.com don't have a window right now. however, i believe from the next shipment on, they will all have windows.

oinkypig    0

Singapore's distributor (I asked and they replied in E-mail) says their due shipment in are in Aug for cases with the side window. For now it ships with the windowless panel.

Anyway, my thoughts are the 350W PSU is rather small for usage. Was hoping for something more in the 400W range, but I guess Coolermaster's distinction from 350 to 450W (real power model) would be correct. Think if we did a poll, most of the forum people would swap out the 350W for a bigger one.

If I remember for the CAV2/4, the PSU is not really ATX (mounts) and you cannot swap to your preferred PSU. Just something to remember for CAV2/4 users

Joey    0

I tested the CAV-T01 with the system configuration as listed as following. It is no problem to run the system with Cooler Master real power 350W PSU. I think its power capacity is no problem to operate a middle-high end system if it is a real power power supply. As I know, most of retail power supply provider who remark their PSU into market. Cooler Master always doing their best to the market. I am glad that I have CAV-T01 with 350W PSU. :)

CPU AMD XP2800+

DDR Ram Kingston 512MB

Seagate 7200RPM 80GB

Motherboard Asus ATN8X-X

DVD Rom Liteon 16X

CD Burner Liteon 52325W

VGA Card FX5700LE-TD128

LCD Samsung 152X

PoiZen    0

Mr Miyagi and Bro, thanks for the links. Dont know how I missed the NewEgg and Acu. Anyway the case has been ordered, and without the side window. Yeee haaa. I hope this thing is as sweet in the flesh as it is in the pics!

I believe you are all on track with teh PSU evaluation. A good 350W PSU is a whole lot better then a crappy 500W. Its all about continuous performance not peek performance.

Churchill    0

I am so upset actually that the PSY in the Cavalier 4 is such a screwed up dimensions I can not find a replacement and I really need at least 350 WATT since My AGP card needs extra 5v

Anybody knows where I acan try finding the PSU that fits into the Cavalier 4

Churchill