GylfiB

ML240R RGB. Q's Regarding CPU fan and Pump fan

GylfiB    1

Hey, So I have the ML240R. Been using it for a while now but I decided today to deepclean my PC. That included removing everything from the case and all that. Have been getting some high temp's on my CPU when gaming, to be fair it's an I9 9900k, supposedly runs on high temps. But still.

I was looking through some installation guides for this cooler when I was putting everything back together. To be sure I hadn't done anything the wrong way the first time and since I've never really been able to control the lighting. Made the mistake of not buying an A/RGB motherboard so I don't have the 5v 3pin header for the ARGB. Mystic Lighting (I have a MSI motherboard) never recognized the cooler. Found Master+ though. Gives me at least some control.

What I was looking for a question for though, to get to the point. The Cpu1 just shows 0rpm. Pump fan is running at 24xx rpm's though. I connected the fan y-splitter to the CPU header on the motherboard and those fans are definitely spinning. I connected the pump itself to Pump_Fan1 but that's the one showing rpm's.

Anyone have any ideas why this is like this? And could this be reason for high temps?

Edited by GylfiB
  • Upvote 1

cengizengin    0
On 11/10/2019 at 9:02 PM, GylfiB said:

The Cpu1 just shows 0rpm. Pump fan is running at 24xx rpm's though. I connected the fan y-splitter to the CPU header on the motherboard and those fans are definitely spinning. I connected the pump itself to Pump_Fan1 but that's the one showing rpm's.

I have the same issue so i opened a support ticket. Is there anyone come up with a solution? I don't want to connect my fans to another fan header rather than cpu_fan header.
And there is also a clear instruction about where to connect the cooler fans on cooler master's site. Here; https://landing.coolermaster.com/faq/liquid-cooling-where-do-i-connect-the-fans-and-pump/

By the way my motherboard is MSI TOMAHAWK Z270

Screenshot_3.png

Manfalcon    0

ok , couple of questions to start. What temps are you hitting? Is your system set to over clock for the game? Is the bios of the mother board over riding the fan setting? Some boards can do that. Mine did. (intel board for the i7 920 cpu).  is the pump at speed? CPU_FAN1/ PUMP_FAN1 connection is right for the pump. Do you  have a second CPU_FAN1 header as well? z390 mother boards do. In any case double check connections for start. Then run hwmonitor  https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html. Look for fans cpu. That will tell you your pump speed. You have to check with support to find out what the pump should be running at. Also those I-9 do run really really hot. A 240 may not be enough. May have to go bigger if your case can fit it. Or do a custom loop with double radiators.

Wish you  luck.