Sign in to follow this  
Rychiar

2 x 7800GTX OC cards in SLi with my aquagate... :(

merovingian    0
Right now im looking at the AquaXtreme Inline pump http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?. It looks like it would do the trick. I am using a Abit NF7-S2G mobo. And im getting all the new Coolermaster blocks if the ATI comes out soon and I know thats all 3/8ID sicne thats what the Aquagate has. So I think that I sould just go all 3/8 would be easier. Maybe with the Y for the excess water I could use a bigger line but thats it. Also heres how I think im going to do the routing:

Outlet Aquagate box -> Y Connector -> CPU -> 2nd radiator -> 2nd pump -> VGA -> Chipset -> Y Connector -> Inlet Aquagate box.

Does that sound right or should i make any changes.

It's interesting, it's not the normal order but I can see that perhaps your changeing it up to take advanage of the addtional power of the aquagate.

Usually people go... Radiator, tank, pump, CPU, NB, GPU1, GPU2, and back to the radiator. I'm really interested to see if that Y connector idea works, it could be the solution to a high powered aquagate upgrade for all those people who want the aquagate but want the features of a highpowered watercooling solution as well. Heh, the alarms will work, the temps will reflect as accuratly as they would normally. It's the perfect solution, if it works.

brbsta    0

Can anyone else confirm the ID and OD of what comes with the Aquagate...

Ok i See its 1/4ID 3/8OD. Now don't know why its confusing me but it says that it comes with 3/8 barbs. Now is that right..

merovingian    0

That's a negatory on my aquagate, the barbs are 1/4" (someone else can confirm this) and watchout, once you put those tubes on the barbs there is no going back without a lot of work.

Mars    0
Those cards do not support WC at the moment.

Why not? The hardware for the 6800's fits the 7800's according to Danger Den.

I am missing out on something?

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

The BFG cards have a problem in the bios about them running too cool theres a update in the works tho.

brbsta    0

Are the barbs screw in or what. Is there anyway that I can get new bigger barbs, then buy bigger hose (what size is good) and then I would have to buy different blocks with bigger barbs.. Now im talking about the barbs on the main box. Also does anyone know yet what size the new coolermaster blocks barbs are, or what size hose they can take.

merovingian    0
Are the barbs screw in or what. Is there anyway that I can get new bigger barbs, then buy bigger hose (what size is good) and then I would have to buy different blocks with bigger barbs.. Now im talking about the barbs on the main box. Also does anyone know yet what size the new coolermaster blocks barbs are, or what size hose they can take.

Well, it wont do you any good to use a conversion as it restricts the flow a little more before converting you up to 3/8. Your total flow is as efficient as your smallest bottleneck. Now, according to a buddy of mine at stanford who graduated top of his class in his field of mechanical engineering at caltech has taken some high level fluid dynamics classes. He said not to worry about the ID tube diameter too much although it does have an impact and focus more on the size of the radiator. Many people online who do this stuff may disagree. Problem is that once you buy an aquagate it's yours as you have to modify some of the parts to try it out. Kinda risky. $130 at sundialmicro if your interested. With that said and the fact that you can't seem to change out the fittings on the water block anyway, it doesn't really help you. You can however find that ID converter at frozencpu.com.

The BFG cards have a problem in the bios about them running too cool theres a update in the works tho.

This is completely correct up till about two or three days ago, the BFG bios update fixes the throttle issue on the 7800GTX. :D

merovingian    0

Hah, I'm the one who told that to dangerden as when I called they didn't think it fit, that's funny. What's even funnier is that I had told them specifically that evga and bfg cards did not work and that the leadtech and the xfx did. I guess they only gave up half the story. :lol:

brbsta    0

Well, I got everything ordered up tonight, except the water blocks. Thats only because I can't find the ATI one in stock anywhere. I hope I can find it in stock at Sundialmicro or Directron this week. Once that gets in al order all 3 of them and have them shiped out fast. I will have the benchmarks out when i get it all setup, should be by next week if that blocks comes in stock soon.

Mars    0

Hah, I'm the one who told that to dangerden as when I called they didn't think it fit, that's funny. What's even funnier is that I had told them specifically that evga and bfg cards did not work and that the leadtech and the xfx did. I guess they only gave up half the story. :lol:

Why does it not work on the BFG cards.

Thanks for the info.