Sign in to follow this  
Rychiar

2 x 7800GTX OC cards in SLi with my aquagate... :(

Blaze    0

I don't think you appreciate how much heat two of those cards produce, even at stock clock.

If you've put that much money in the hardware, why not put some more money in a watercooling set with a decent 2x12 or even 3x12 rad?

brbsta    0

Blaze what do you recremend. Right now I have a 99$ speclal water cooler and its cooling my cpu and vga right now. It has to go it not doing it right now.

Blaze    0

Tbh I wouldn't be the right guy to give you advice as I don't have enough experience with different wc sets, so I woulnd't know how they compare.

I do know something about physics though, and that tells me that (simply put) bigger = better. If you've got CPU/GPU's that run hot, wider hoses, bigger/more fans and a bigger radiator will do the trick. The heat has to go somewhere.

(I cool passively, so I should know... hopefully).

And from what I know about an Aquagate, it should work fine for a cpu + mainstream gpu. But if you've got two 6800 ultra's or 7800 gtx's, that small fan/rad is just not going to cut it.

But what you need really does depend on what hardware you're using/oc' ing.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

actually its any 6800 my friend had an LE hot as the infernal fires of :), made my x800xt look like a fridge, then there was the noise.

brbsta    0

Ok guys, I just ordered a Aquagate and been researching all day. So I want to cool my CPU, ATI VGA, and Chipset. Decided I didn't need to cool my hdd. I want it so i can do some good overclocking. So I am looking at a CoolRad 12T Black 120mm Radiator plus Quite fan to add to it. I am going to have all the new block that they just came out with for the 3 things. Now do you think that I would need a second pump for that setup, or it the stock 1 in the unit big enoguth for all that. If not I am looking at hte PolarFlo pump. Thanks :D

merovingian    0
Ok guys, I just ordered a Aquagate and been researching all day. So I want to cool my CPU, ATI VGA, and Chipset. Decided I didn't need to cool my hdd. I want it so i can do some good overclocking. So I am looking at a CoolRad 12T Black 120mm Radiator plus Quite fan to add to it. I am going to have all the new block that they just came out with for the 3 things. Now do you think that I would need a second pump for that setup, or it the stock 1 in the unit big enoguth for all that. If not I am looking at hte PolarFlo pump. Thanks :D

I would certainly try it w/o the pump first. Also, I would use an eheim pump, the 1250 or the 1048 as they seem to be the most quiet, reliable pumps on the market. If you do get one of those we should talk if you want to set it up so that it will turn on when the system boots, basically you will need to use a pci slot.

Next I'm not exactly sure that a pump will help. If the aquagate itself is going to flow a set amount of water even though the intake pressure is increased by the highflow pump then it will defeat the purpose, right?

Hmm, well maybe there could be a work around. Lets say that you put a Y adapter just before the intake on the aquagate allowing the water to flow past what could be a serious bottle neck, then another Y adapter on the aquagate output to rejoin the flow of water that has bipassed the aquagate all together and into the tank and from the tank to the high flow pump. Think that would work? I think so.

I'm interested to see how it goes, I would be interested to see the different temps in the setup including the ambiant temps. If you can set the thermostat to the same temp for each test, that would be optimal for a control experiment and then post here. :D

brbsta    0

Yes I sure will. I already got the Box ordered, but still waiting for the ATI block to become avaiable at SundialMicro to order the 3 of the block together. Then I still have to order teh second radiator. But within a week or 2, I hope, i should have everything so that i can set it up.

One more thing. About those pumps you are talking about, if i use a DC pump, that i connect right to my power supply, that it will go on and off with my comp....

merovingian    0
Yes I sure will. I already got the Box ordered, but still waiting for the ATI block to become avaiable at SundialMicro to order the 3 of the block together. Then I still have to order teh second radiator. But within a week or 2, I hope, i should have everything so that i can set it up.

One more thing. About those pumps you are talking about, if i use a DC pump, that i connect right to my power supply, that it will go on and off with my comp....

DC pump will work fine and will not require a PCI slot. If you can afford a PCI slot (the eheim also requires the space of 2x5.25 drives at the bottom of the case) then I would get the eheim. Ohh, and have you ever used industrial velcro? Perfect for mounting the pump.

What mobo is this that your using for a waterblock on the chipset?

Also, some waterblocks feature interchangable fittings which might be nice if your starting with 1/4 fittings and ID tubings as you may find that with our little workaround that you can still benefit from a larger tube diameter.

brbsta    0

Right now im looking at the AquaXtreme Inline pump http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?. It looks like it would do the trick. I am using a Abit NF7-S2G mobo. And im getting all the new Coolermaster blocks if the ATI comes out soon and I know thats all 3/8ID sicne thats what the Aquagate has. So I think that I sould just go all 3/8 would be easier. Maybe with the Y for the excess water I could use a bigger line but thats it. Also heres how I think im going to do the routing:

Outlet Aquagate box -> Y Connector -> CPU -> 2nd radiator -> 2nd pump -> VGA -> Chipset -> Y Connector -> Inlet Aquagate box.

Does that sound right or should i make any changes.

merovingian    0

Yeah uhh, the aquagate has 1/4" ID tubing. At least the one I got did. Make sure your not confusing the ID and OD measurments. :wink: