Sign in to follow this  
Rychiar

2 x 7800GTX OC cards in SLi with my aquagate... :(

Rychiar    0

I feel so ripped I bought this unit a year ago thinking it would be able to cool my VGA cards as well when I got decent VGA blocks. I now want to buy two of the offered Cooler Master vga water blocks and connect them to my aquagate along with my cpu waterblock.

I hear some say it will be too much, and others say it will work. It works great for my CPU, but I want more out of it. Can I get an honest to goodness answer here?

Will it at least be better than the default 7800GTX coolers with that setup?

Does the trident CPU block come with the Y adapter for splitting? I'm still using the old CPU block.

Rychiar    0

They fixed ther cold bug if that is what you mean, or is that not what you are talking about?

Do you think the aquagate could handle it tho at least matching or a little better than the defaul VGA coolers??

merovingian    0
They fixed ther cold bug if that is what you mean, or is that not what you are talking about?

Do you think the aquagate could handle it tho at least matching or a little better than the defaul VGA coolers??

Really? They fixed the cold bug? Do you have proof of this?

I'll tell you that right now if you add sli to that aquagate, it's not going to keep the system cool enough. I've done it and it doesn't work. Here are some options. If you add a radiator say a triple 120mm fan radiator then I think you have a shot. If that fails because the pump in the aquagate can't flow the water you could I suppose add a pump and have the aquagate flow into a tank which flows in to the pump.

brbsta    0

Ok I have a different cooling system right now and want to change to the coolermaster. I want to cooler the CPU, VGA, and maybe a HD. So if I run the aqugate box, with a second raditor at the back of my case will that do it. Or will I need another reservoir witha pump in there somewhere. Also where in that system would i put the second raditor and pump.

brbsta    0

Man it has to its basically 2 whole system. I guess I will know in a week or two.

merovingian    0

I suppose I could test it for you right now. I have a aquagate and an advanced watercooling system lying around. Hmm...