Kacmem

RGB Cooler Wraith Prism cooler software

Kacmem    0

Hello, I just built my PC.
Firstly I wired Wraith Prism via RGB header and controled RGB by motherboard UEFI. The range of presets was not very rich, so I rewired cooler as option 2 (via USB Header).
It works, but original software from CM doesn't detect it and says: "Plug it your CM device to get started"".

So, where I made a mistake? Please suggest. Thanks

Pogbom    0

I can't help sadly but I'll add a +1 to this issue. The difference is I can use the software immediately after installing it, but closing the software and re-opening then gives me the "CM device" error message. I've been reinstalling the software every time I want to change the RGB.

J Derek    0
Posted (edited)

I have the same issue. 

Everything was working correctly...and then I'll install some software and the RGB drops dead.

This last time it was on in boot, but after opening windows there was nothing. 

At least the fan is still turning (I just can't see it).

I tried reinstalling the software, no joy. I attempted to generate a tech support inquiry, but the model number isn't shown. I thought it might be the mother board, but I can't locate general drivers for that option.

MOBO:  GIGABYTE Aorus B450 Pro WiFi

Edited by J Derek

ajaystxus    0

Yup, I've been driving myself up the walls because I can sync everything except that ring. I don't care about the AMD logo, that can stay it's not hurting anything. But that ring, is just... I've tried the RGB header, I've tried both of my USB 2.0 headers, I've tried them both together. Nothing. Nada. Zip. CM software doesn't recognize my cooler, even though I can control and sync fan perfectly fine with RGB header through Aura, Razer Connect (via MoBo), and even Corsair. But for some reason, CM does not see it. Not sure what else to do other than take it out myself, which I would rather not have to do.

The ring does change when I connect to USB header, but software doesn't recognize, and I'm not savvy enough to figure out which one it is in device manager. I've been having this issue for the past three weeks now since I got the MoBo. Even did a clean Windows 10 Pro install several times and the first thing I did (once before and once after getting drivers) was to try the CM software. But nope. It just does not want to be my friend.

Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Non-WiFi) X470

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

I can even sync and individually address Thermaltake's Riing Quad 12s, so I'm not sure what's wrong.