Noburt

212 LED Broke my motherboard

Noburt    0

So I recently installed linux on my computer and I wasn't really able to game much on it because it would keep on crashing, they kept on getting worse and worse. I saw that my mobo had a temp on it that was rather hot, so I went to take off that cooler and had to take off my CPU cooler at the same time. Then I noticed that one of the traces on my motherboard were broken, from my CPU cooler. I don't know what to do because I couldn't really find a support page other than here. I'm just somewhat lost because I built my PC with budget in mind, but that seems to have bit me in the butt.

Pics will show stuff. PC Specs posted below too

Motherboard - x58m from MSI (LGA 1366)

RAM - 12gb DDr3 (mix and matched stuff)

CPU - xeon x5667 (Supported by most x58 motherboards with a BIOS update)

GPU - R9 290 (I also tried a GTX 780 which also didn't work, but that was before I found out the traces on my motherboard broke)

SSD - OCZ 128GB SATA 3

HDD - 500GB HGST Branded 7200 RPM, old but works

Case - Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 3.1

CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 LED

Few tings that I'd like to toss down here is that I know I'm running really old stuff, but it serves me well so I haven't updated yet, I'm not dumb with computers at all, I have my A+, PC Pro and Client Pro certifications, along with way too much class time working on real PC's along with Macs. If anyone has tips for me or anything like that, feel free to let me know. I just don't know what to do because I don't have the money to get a new motherboard or something similar to that right now. In the pictures it the top right mounting point of the cooler, next to the RAM.

IMG_20191015_114843.jpg

IMG_20191015_114921.jpg

IMG_20191015_115141.jpg