Sign in to follow this  
Bleederhead

Blown Glass Cooling System / Torch by Bleederhead

Bleederhead    1

This was the most challenging build I have ever done in my life. From surgeries to burns, working with glass tubing really put me in my place. There were countless times where I felt I was in over my head, however, I kept challenging myself to continue the project - and most importantly, to never give up; especially after I stabbed myself with a melted rod that broke inside my finger (which I had to leave in there for a week until I could see the surgeon). When I first started Torch, I thought I had the technique in the bag due to my comfort level with plastic tubing, but, little did I know I was in for a massive surprise. There is absolutely no margin of error when working with this type of tubing, and I cannot even count on my hands the amount of times I broke a pipe when installing the fittings. I will never forget the very clear crunch you would hear when the tube didn't line up perfectly, which ultimately meant the bend was no longer usable because the tip would chip off. Working with this material was an entirely new animal that didn't just require the bend at hand, but instead hours of practice on top of the build to understand the manipulation properties. From simple 90s to welds, working with glass brought me to a whole new horizon of possibilities in tubing, and in turn, bettered me as an artist. In the end, I came up with a machine that was both organic in nature, and a product of an art form that has always amazed me. I was incredibly proud of the results because, at the end of the day, the machine didn't defeat me, and I was able to achieve one of the most compelling builds I feel I have done to date. As far as my favorite feature of the machine outside of the glass work, I would argue that the epoxy resin back panel is almost as captivating. The pattern has such depth in person, that it almost looked like a blue patterned stone pulled right from the Earth. I certainly held my breath during the process because you don't really get a second chance when working with epoxy - and I am beyond thrilled I took the risk.  

cm-1.jpg

cm-2.jpg

cm-3.jpg

cm-4.jpg

cm-5.jpg

Watch the resin pour here:

cm-6.jpgcm-7.jpg

cm-8.jpg

cm-9.jpg

cm-10.jpg

cm-12.jpg

cm-13.jpg

cm-14.jpg

cm-15.jpg

cm-16.jpg

cm-17.jpg

cm-18.jpg

cm-21.jpg

cm-22.jpg

cm-24.jpg

cm-26.jpg

cm-27.jpg

cm-29.jpg

cm-30.jpg

cm-32.jpg

cm-33.jpg

cm-34.jpg

cm-36.jpg

cm-37.jpg

cm-38.jpg

cm-46.jpg

cm-47.jpg

cm-48.jpg

cm-49.jpg

cm-50.jpg

cm-51.jpg

cm-52.jpg

cm-59.jpg

cm-54.jpg

cm-61.jpg

cm-65.jpg

cm-67.jpg

cm-69.jpg

cm-70.jpg

cm-71.jpg

cm-72.jpg

cm-73.jpg

cm-76.jpg

cm-77.jpg

cm-78.jpg

cm-79.jpg

cm-81.jpg

cm-80.jpg

Reservoir Delete Cooling System

Intel i5 8600k @ 5.0GHz

Samsung 500GB 970 EVO NVMe 

GTX 1070 Seahawk

MSI Z390 Godlike

Zadak Shield 16GB @ 4266MHz

EKWB Supremacy Full Nickel

EKWB VARDAR 120mm FANS

EKWB 360 CE Radiator

Thanks for viewing. I hope you enjoyed. Big thanks to EK for helping us on the cooling hardware too.  Mod on :) 

Edited by Bleederhead
Add video and more images.
  • Upvote 1