Stealth 5 - Yellow Label (FINISHED)

Recommended Posts

- It came !!! 

- Ordered this badge from Romania to cover the front audio parts and honestly didn’t think it was gonna show up, But it did !! 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

- Time for a front cover !! 

- started off by making my measurements and then cutting my pieces. I ended up having to glue three pieces of acrylic together to get the thickness I wanted to accommodate for the front panel standoffs. These would be for my front panel mounts. After glueing the pieces together I then cut the sizes I needed and sanded the edges to make them perfect, like it was one thick piece of acrylic. 






Edited by TermudaSquare

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

- Time to finish up front cover


- Started with using my new drill press and marking where I wanted my standoffs to be for mounting and drilling. And did that drill press make life easy, glad I got it, was a great purchase. 

- I then got everything prepped for paint including each stand off and h x head bolt because the sizes I needed only came in chrome. So I assembled mounts with a hard rubber washer holding stand off in place. 

- I left the front panel clear so would make it easier for marking holes for front panel.


- Set up for paint and painted and they came out awesome.


- I then mounted the mounts to back side of the case from panel with clear epoxy.






Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

- Front panel cover final work & assembly !!


- Started by flipping my front panel over so mounts were standing up, I then positioned new front panel cover and marked my holes along for name of builds badge. 

- After drilling i applied my vinyl then prepped for paint, scuffed, degreased and tack clothed and paint and when it was done it turned out nice.


- Then it was assembly time for which went smooth. Very happy with the results.


- And finally got to put it on the frame.  








Edited by TermudaSquare

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

- Loop pre treatment!! 

- Didn’t have the most time to test for leaks, so made the decision even tho it was my first hard tubing build, I definitely had to trust my work. 

- Was running a opaque fluid XSPC white with yellow mayhems dye, so I wanted eliminate any chance of fluid separation from contamination. 

- Filled and cycled it with mayhems blitz part 2 & distilled water, and it took me actually a hour to fully prime and cycle the fluid through this, it was being a pain. But managed to get it filled.


- Another trust my work moment was when I had to leave the pump running and not be there to watch for leaks while I was at work....... But low and behold after sleeping and going to work and coming home it cycled perfectly. 

- Was foamy at first and kinda sketched me out, but settled down after I came home from work. 



Edited by TermudaSquare

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

- Final flush & fill time!!


- Since I set this loop up for easier draining  it was actually pretty easy to drain. But since there was so many routes I had to flush the system more then expected. Which took me 3 hours just to flush.


- Luckily I had purchased more then enough coolant because since just opening the drain drained the reservoir. I had to flush my system out with actual coolant to get all the distilled water out, which was pretty much money down the drain but the result was well worth it! 

- And the last bottle of coolant I put in, I added my yellow and it turned out perfectly after it settled. 




Edited by TermudaSquare

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

- Final final assembly !! 

- After months of working every night & the back to back late night and early mornings it was coming to a end, I finally was able to assemble the outside and button everything up.


- Cable management was decent honestly could have been better, but would need full length cables and a full modular PSU for that. (Full length cables for my modular psu are in the future for this build thanks to GSCUSTOMZ) 

- Outside exterior assembly was pretty straight forward and easy. 

- Actually had to un cable manage my whole pc set up to move it to my desk which took 4 hours and 50 zip ties, but was well worth it.


- Put it in place, plugged everything in, made sure to wax the pc also after putting it on my desk. And pressed the power button and started up and worked like a charm. Idle temps for GPU were 24-27 degrees Celsius, and 24-29 degrees Celsius for the CPU. 

- Oddly for a open case... it collects less dust then it did with the side glass!! Very happy with how my work turned out. 







Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

- Finished !!!!


- After all said and done this was a awesome competition, stressful at times but it built my knowledge and my skill that much more and that is why I love challenges and why I took on such a detailed mod for a first one. 










Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.