Sign in to follow this  
Jack D Pickett

CM700M - 2 Mpole Brackets MB DON"T LINE UP

Posted (edited)

Was watching YouTube video with Matteo regarding C700M layout possibility's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTn9ZF6e3-Y

About half way (EDIT:  8:25) through he mentions if you get a second Mpole Bracket MB...

https://www.cmstore.eu/spare-parts/cosmos-c700p-c700m-mpole-bracket-mb/

You can "put your motherboard in the middle" of the case.

It was a great idea for me because I chose the chimney layout and with two MPole Brackets MB...

1. Would place a gap between the rear of the case and the motherboard tray to pass all the cables behind the tray.

2. Place my add-in cards right in the middle of the bottom to top airflow setup.

3. Make  easier access to the NVMe dual adapter I placed in the last PCIE slot (have Windows 7 on one and Windows 10 on a another that I can swap out quickly. )

I got the second Mpole Bracket MB and replaced the default MB Locking Bracket in the rear. So now was using the four rubber pegs and four screws to mount the MB tray.

Attached the two screws on the front Mpole Bracket MB to chassis. Then went to put the two screws in the rear MPole Bracket MB to the chassis...

...It was only then I discovered the MPole Bracket MB holes DON'T LINE UP :x with the chassis holes. The holes are off about 5mm.

I hope Cooler Master is aware of this because the brackets will need to be SLOTTED where they attach to the chassis to fit.

Edited by Jack D Pickett