Qwerky Pengwen

Will the CM RGB LED Controller work for me?

Posted (edited)

My question is this:
Will the CM RGB LED Controller work for me on my Z170?
From what I can figure out (since nothing about this product is all that clear) is that it'll connect via a USB header and just simply work using software.

Another issue I am having is that I can only seem to purchase from an international seller that operates out of Asia on Newegg.
I live in America.

I need to know if this is all I need to buy to get my CM RGB fans to be customizable on my Z170 platform that has no RGB headers.

Because if not, then I'll have to go and buy a Z270 motherboard for a lot more money just to get control over the lighting.

Edited by Qwerky Pengwen

john1000    1
Posted (edited)

It will work for you. Just hook it up and connect the usb cable. Install the software and then you should be good. Short leads on the fans so buy a fan hub before you get them.

Im in Asia and I see sellers in Asia and US selling product. You can adjust your settings in NewEgg to show just your region or all international options.

Edited by john1000

Mohd Noh    29
4 hours ago, Qwerky Pengwen said:

My question is this:
From what I can figure out (since nothing about this product is all that clear) is that it'll connect via a USB header and just simply work using software.

Another issue I am having is that I can only seem to purchase from an international seller that operates out of Asia on Newegg.
I live in America.

I need to know if this is all I need to buy to get my CM RGB fans to be customizable on my Z170 platform that has no RGB headers.

Because if not, then I'll have to go and buy a Z270 motherboard for a lot more money just to get control over the lighting.

Hello

Im using RGB LED controller + Z97 Board

Details at here Non RGB Motherboard with RGB stuff

Big Country    1
Posted (edited)

half of the software is not working its like some beta nightmare, no brightness controls working, 3 patterns not allowing me to change the color of the pattern, and crashes when trying to play a video or during a game in screen follow mode so few issues need to be corrected with this software ASAP cause i just got this item with 3 140mm fans and im having troubles and iv double checked everything............oh and its missing mirage option...........i would say make sure they get this software working before purchasing this item, and i just got the 3 in 1 pack from America shipper on newegg for 37$ 3 fans 1 RGB controller box

Edited by Big Country

Big Country    1
22 hours ago, Qwerky Pengwen said:

My question is this:

I live in America.

https://www.newegg.com/cooler-master-mfy-p4dc-153pc-r1-case-fan/p/N82E16835103247?Description=cooler master 3 in 1 with controller&cm_re=cooler_master_3_in_1_with_controller-_-35-103-247-_-Product

john1000    1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Big Country said:

half of the software is not working its like some beta nightmare, no brightness controls working, 3 patterns not allowing me to change the color of the pattern, and crashes when trying to play a video or during a game in screen follow mode so few issues need to be corrected with this software ASAP cause i just got this item with 3 140mm fans and im having troubles and iv double checked everything............oh and its missing mirage option...........i would say make sure they get this software working before purchasing this item, and i just got the 3 in 1 pack from America shipper on newegg for 37$ 3 fans 1 RGB controller box

Are you using the correct sofware? There is the Cooler Master LED Controller software and there is the MasterPlus Beta Software.

The LED Controller software has the mirage stuff on it and what you want to use.

https://coolermaster.egnyte.com/dl/Z4xAkaxEXA

Edited by john1000
add link
  • Upvote 1

Big Country    1
On 6/18/2019 at 3:15 AM, john1000 said:

Are you using the correct sofware? There is the Cooler Master LED Controller software and there is the MasterPlus Beta Software.

The LED Controller software has the mirage stuff on it and what you want to use.

https://coolermaster.egnyte.com/dl/Z4xAkaxEXA

Thanks bro big save wish this software was was in the box on small CD drive or on their front pages easy access, think its being phased out for Master Plus, yea Master Plus needs alot of work still hope they get it working soon

• Like 1

Stefan    0
Posted (edited)

Hi I need quick help.

I have motherboard asus gaming that has only 1 RGB header it does not have ARGB header.

I want to buy two products from CoolerMaster. I want to install ML 240R to cool CPU

and package MasterFan Pro 120 mm Air Balance 3-in-1 RGB to put in my case because airflow is bad at the moment cuz i have only 1 fan xD

Now its hard question.. How can I make all this happen? And will the light work? I suppose I would receive that small argb controller in the box with ml240r and i would have to use that for connection cuz my motherboard is rgb .. but after that is hard question how can i connect that air balance package of  3 fans and use them ? i hope u understand me english is not my mother language

Edited by Stefan

Big Country    1
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Stefan said:

Hi I need quick help.

I have motherboard asus gaming that has only 1 RGB header it does not have ARGB header.

I want to buy two products from CoolerMaster. I want to install ML 240R to cool CPU

and package MasterFan Pro 120 mm Air Balance 3-in-1 RGB to put in my case because airflow is bad at the moment cuz i have only 1 fan xD

Now its hard question.. How can I make all this happen? And will the light work? I suppose I would receive that small argb controller in the box with ml240r and i would have to use that for connection cuz my motherboard is rgb .. but after that is hard question how can i connect that air balance package of  3 fans and use them ? i hope u understand me english is not my mother language

ok so i recently got the 3in1 rgb controller + 3 140mm fans, this is not ARGB, the fans themselves require 4 pin PWM connectors on the board for power and rgb power or rgb power will be fed by fan speed, so first thing first get the proper software for the RGB Controller here https://coolermaster.egnyte.com/dl/Z4xAkaxEXA  you need to make sure its this software because master plus software doesnt currently work correctly, next turn off the PC plug in the RGB controller via the USB cable provided directly to the motherboard, next you need to plug in a 3 or 4 way splitter on PORT 2 of the RGB controller box, then plug in the RGB Fans to the splitter thats plugged into port 2, once you have plugged up the fans to the controller box make sure to plug them into power on motherboard or controller panel board for fan power, then turn on youre system and install the software you have downloaded, now incase it asked you to plug in the device to get started siomply unplug the power to the rgb contoller box while the PC is running then plug back in, its hotplugable so you can do that while PC is running on power portion only, becareful if you have to do this step, once it shows it has detected the box and the installation is completed on software you should have full control of the RGB Fans LEDs, use mirage section in sync 2 mode, reason i said plug into port 2 so this way you can make youre fans got full color spectrum like a prism or rainbow,  now that part is done, plug in youre ARGB Fans to the motherboard ARGB Header, then done you should be able to control those from the ARGB Software, once Master Plus Software is out of beta stage you should be able to use that to control all the RGB and ARGB fans that part will be a lil while tho before that software is completed and fully functioning.  make sure you not trying to control ARGB From RGB Controller box use the motherboard Header and maybe a splitter from the ARGB Header for multiple ARGB fans.......... you just have to make sure to keep the ARGB and RGB on the separate controllers, this can involve a bit of work but once i was done installing the new RGB Controller box and fans i was happy camper once i realized what was what and how it needed to be ran, take youre time and make it youres!!!! if youre board doesnt have ARGB like you stated just rely on the RGB Controller box with some splitters....

Edited by Big Country