ehelldane

SK621 Issues and Info

ehelldane    0
Posted (edited)

1st) There doesn't appear to be a sub-forum/thread for SK Keyboards yet, and I can't start one. So there's really no better place to post about them, except maybe General Hardware? It'd be nice if a Mod would add a section for discussing SK Keyboards, or just redesign the Keyboard section to be non-model-specific.

2nd) I am having issues connecting my SK621 to my Intel PC via Bluetooth. I've read that some other customers and product reviewers have had the same issues, but only with certain devices (drops and lags with their PC or Laptop, but not with their iPhone or another Laptop, for example).

The results of my Bluetooth Issues are detailed in 1st reply to this post.

If you're having similar issues, please identify and list your Bluetooth hardware's make and model in your comment.

Edited by ehelldane

ehelldane    0
Posted (edited)

Update. I've spent the better part of 2 days working on this, testing everything I could think of.

Important Note: To use the Portal v1.01 software to access your wireless capable SK621, you gotta connect it via USB, not Bluetooth, and set the switch to wired mode. Otherwise you'll likely get the same misleading 'no internet connection' error I did. And don't expect to be able to see any of the lighting changes made on the 'Wireless' screen until after you unplug the USB, even if you switch the SK621 to wireless mode while plugged in. (The software ain't great)

Details about my PC: Win10 x64, Z170N Gaming MOBO, Intel Core i5 6600k, Intel 8260 Bluetooth 4.2 receiver (via M.2 WiFi card on MOBO).

• The 8260 receiver works fine with other devices; even from several meters away.
  • The SK621 does not work properly with the otherwise functional 8260 receiver regardless of driver version or antenna adjustment.
  • The SK621 does not work properly with the otherwise functional 8260 receiver despite updating the SK621's Firmware via the Portal.
  • The SK621 can only maintain a steady connection with the otherwise functional 8260 receiver from within ~8 inches from the entanna.

Next I'll test with a $6 Bluetooth dongle I've purchased off Amazon. I expect it to work fine with the dongle, since it works fine with my phone and my wife's laptop. And I'll probably keep the SK621 if it does, even though I'm not exactly a happy camper right now, and I'm not thrilled with the device overall; it is still an upgrade from my 10y/o MS Arc Keyboard, as long as it works wirelessly.

Update: It does not work fine with the ZEXMTE Dongle. Get ~2ft range now, with direct line-of-sight. Better, but not good enough. I lose connection if I move it back on my lap so my cat can sit with me. It's a great wired keyboard, but I don't need a wired keyboard. Arg.

Edited by ehelldane

MQB888R    0
Posted (edited)

What's up with that? I think the BT antennae may be junk, because this keyboard has zero range and stutters frequently. The lag is insane when it works.

Can this issue be solved with software?

Should we just return our product? I don't really want a SK630.

EDIT: maybe we're the only two to have purchased this board?

Edited by MQB888R
Additional question, in line.

Hugo Brooks    0

I am having a similar problem. On my Windows 10 (1903 build) I can see the device in the Bluetooth search window, but then pairing doesn't work and it asks me to try again. I managed to connect it to my work Macbook Pro but then it has terrible lag, causing missed letters and repeated letters. Only works in wired mode which is not what I bought a wireless keyboard for.

Pretty disappointed with a keyboard that costs over €100 yet fails with something as common as Bluetooth.

Andrew Gold    0

I am also have the same problems. Windows 10 - 1903, cannot detect device in the Bluetooth search, purchased 2 Bluetooth usb adapters - still not detecting either of them, paired with my iPhone

What a shame, put in support ticket see what happens otherwise its going back

mk19    0

Same issues with my SK621: Windows 10 did not detect it in bluetooth pairing mode. I made a ticket related to this (and related to other issue with typing specific characters), but I did not receive any actual/helpful support. 

Finally I gave up and returned the keyboard back to retailer. I expected a lot more since I paid 139 euros from it. After all it turned to be quite disappointing product.

beanaroo    0

I'm having the same trouble.  Keyboard is ~5 inches from my laptop and it is dropping in and out, stuttering, repeating keys and when it does work, the latency is terrible!

How does one get support for the product? I spent a lot of money on it and I'm feeling let down.

Same issues here. Is there a solution? Pretty big disappointment from Cooler Master, for a keyboard in this price range. Someone responsible care to answer ... ?