Sign in to follow this  
Kishe

Defective MWE 650W? D:

Kishe    0
Posted (edited)

Hello everyone.

I've been using the MWE 650W for my system since 2018 December. The system has been randomly shutting off. I've checked the temperature of the system, and found that their temperatures are normal.

After the computer shuts off, there appears to be a slow blinking yellow light on my motherboard.  

I am unable to turn on the computer unless I turn the PSU off, wait for ~5 seconds, and turn it back on. 

I've come to the conclusion that the power supply unit is defective. Here's my system specs:

· Motherboard: Asus Prime B450 M-A
· GPU: MSI Radeon RX580 Armor MK2 8GB
· CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 AM4 3.9GHz with Cooler
· RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2666Mhz 8GB ( 4GBx2)
· PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650W

Edited by Kishe

Hi Kishe,

If you computer randomly shutdown completely, it's probably a power supply issue. Do you know if the issue appear only in high charge ? Playing games with high graphics level ? If your computer is working fine in Windows, viewing  videos on Youtube or anything else low charge, it's because your power supply is dead. Please try another unit and see what happens.

Hope that it will help !

Kishe    0

Hi Francis,

My computer shuts down randomly while simply watching videos on youtube as well... I guess I have to replace my Power suppply unit huh /: