Middcore    0

Cooler Master bills the MasterAir MA620P as compatible with Asus Aura Sync. Can anybody help me figure out how to actually make them work together? 

I have an Asus B450-F Strix motherboard with a pair of 4-pin RGB headers. The logical (indeed the only) way that I can see to connect the cooler to the board is to hook the included 4-pin Y splitter from the fans to one of those RGB headers, but when I do that the fan lights don't come on at all. The Aura app lets you change the colors for each RGB header individually so I tried cycling through various options for the header the cooler is connected to, but none of them yielded any result. 

I know the lights on the cooler fans DO work and I didn't just receive a pair of defective fans, because if I connect them to the controller Cooler Master includes (which itself connects to a MOLEX) then the fan lights come on immediately and I can cycle through the colors/patterns using that in-line controller. 

What am I doing wrong here?