Sign in to follow this  
SuAsDu

CM Stacker - Cooling and Dust Questions

SuAsDu    0

Ok folks. I need a bit of help here.

I need to build an inexpensive file server here in the office, so I need to pick a tower case w/ lots of room for IDE Hard drives. Of course, the stacker was the perfect option :)

This server will be sitting unattended in a remote office, and I need to keep it running.

With so many hard drives, I wanted to know what is the most effective way to keep the PC relatievely cool.

Here are my questions:

1. Do all HD bays have fans mounts?

2. Does Cross flow cool the hard drive or just components?

3. Are their air filters? the last thing I want is a server full of dust bunnies in 2 weeks.

I look forward to everyoen responses :)

SAD

1. Do all HD bays have fans mounts?

there are not 3.50inch HDD bay, but all 5inch bay, u need a device call 4in3 case to put the 3.5incher HDD. it comes with one unit along the case.

2. Does Cross flow cool the hard drive or just components?

Well i dont think so, cause the HDD is infront of the fan, i intend to get one too, it cool down the mobo real nice.

3. Are their air filters? the last thing I want is a server full of dust bunnies in 2 weeks.

I think u mean are there dust filter right? well there are on each 5 inch bay cover, but removing all for cleaning it is a hassle, i use a pressure air blower to blow mine every 2-3 weeks.

hopes this helps~