Dale

Help On Header Connections

Dale    0
Posted (edited)

Good Day Guys

I have a question to ask.

Firstly I have the Gigabyte H310M-DS2 8th Gen Socket 1151 mother board.

Secondly the connection is for the Cooler Master Master liquid  MI240R Cpu Cooler.

It has two headers namely and both headers are 4pins (motherboard):

1) Cpu - 4pin (where the normal cpu connects)

2) System Fan - 4pin

My question is which one do i connect the pump too and which one do I connect the fan too.

At the moment i have the fans connected to the system fan header and the pump to the cpu header.

Thanks Guys

Edited by Dale

There are 2 leads. One for the CPU fan and one for the RGB connection.

WIN 7 Ultimate. Followed install instr. Replaced original CPU fan. On boot-up the BIOS did not recognize that a CPU fan was present and prevented boot-up. Changed BIOS to ignore CPU fan, boot-up successful. Now that the BIOS configuration has changed, Computer will not go into Sleep mode and stays on. Can force Sleep mode.

Did you have an issue like this? If so, how did you correct it?

Customer support is NIL, 0/10 for them

20190422_113752.jpg

20190422_113826.jpg

Dale    0
On 4/22/2019 at 9:30 PM, GPNterprises said:

There are 2 leads. One for the CPU fan and one for the RGB connection.

WIN 7 Ultimate. Followed install instr. Replaced original CPU fan. On boot-up the BIOS did not recognize that a CPU fan was present and prevented boot-up. Changed BIOS to ignore CPU fan, boot-up successful. Now that the BIOS configuration has changed, Computer will not go into Sleep mode and stays on. Can force Sleep mode.

Did you have an issue like this? If so, how did you correct it?

Customer support is NIL, 0/10 for them

20190422_113752.jpg

20190422_113826.jpg

Howsit  GPNterprises

To answer your question, no i never had that problem. What i done was plugged the fans into the cpu fan header and the plugged the pump that sits on the cpu into the system fan header. As shown in the below.

I am going to be changing my motherboard even though its a month old. I decided to purchase a motherboard that supports water cooling with the correct headers.

2.thumb.jpg.d0d21592fb1c5c6ee13ba14c9af556e5.jpg

By the way you need to try and sort out your cable management, it is a mess and restricting air flow through the case. I done my best to open up airflow as possible as there only so much you can do with tucking cables away.

1.thumb.jpg.2604e98ad2045c67cdbb575606141b8a.jpg