Sign in to follow this  
ShaShou

Jet 4

ShaShou    0

Hi everyone, I am a new member and this is my first post. I am interested in the Jet 4, however the reviews that I have read generally state that it's performance in terms of noise and temperature are not an improvement over a stock Intel cooler. Is this cooler merely a cosmetic upgrade? If anyone owns this cooler, I would like to hear about your experiences with it. I am also curious to hear Coolermaster's response to the assertions that the Jet 4 is just a pretty face with no performance gains. Thanks in advance.

Hybrid-Mods    0

ShaShou,

I have reviewed the JET 4 and currently own one. As I write this my cpu is at 91 degrees. I wrote a review on it here

Let me assure you, it's a excellent preformer. My Idle temps are 78 while the highest my load ever gets is 111. You can control the amount of noise you hear, on low, it's pretty hard to hear it. On High, well.. it's like a small vaccum cleaner. While on low.. the tempetures are still alot better than the stock Intel hsf. Couple this HSF with some silver thermal grease, I recommend Arctic Silver 5 and OCZ Ultra 5+ (Both are made by arctic silver) .

Might i ask, which sites have you read reviews on this product?

Booradley    0

I used to use a Jet 4 and I totally agree with Hybrid. It's a great heat sink and if you couple it with a good compound like AS5, it will be that much better. As for noise, my Jet 4 was more quiet on it highest setting than my old HSF was on it's lowest. When you're not gaming or doing any intensive work, you can just turn it down and you'll barely hear a thing :)

The only reason I don't have the Jet anymore is because I made the switch to water.

Booradley    0
I hope to get a water system one day, kinda a luxury :D

It's nice :)

Hybrid

I can't find a single pic of your PC anywhere on this site or yours...do you have any posted?