Surena

G650M PSU failure (?)

Surena    0

Today I have tried turning on my computer which did not go as it should. My PC did not budge.
I had pulled out and replugged all cables just in case but that did not work either.

After pulling my PSU out of my computer and trying to start it with a paperclip - a method I saw online bridging the green and black wires and connecting nothing else to the power supply - the PSU fan did not spin up. 

It has been serving in an i5 4460 and GTX 770 PC since 2014, never at its peak power rating if I am correct.

Does this mean my power supply is dead? Can I do anything to it?

P.s: I am not a PC expert but I have built the PC on my own with the help of a video from LinusTechTips on YouTube if I recall properly.

Hello there,

You should check if your psu still has warranty. G650M has 5 year guarantee after buying if you have the receipt. If you don't have the receipt you can use the serial number(it shows when did psu got manufactured) of psu to check for guarantee. If your psu is eligible for RMA you can send it for replacement or repair for free. (You only need to cover shipping cost.) 

https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx sign in in here.

Go to my product then register your product. After that just follow instructions. But before doing all of this make sure your PSU is the problem.

If you don't have a guarantee you can try a local repair shop.

• Upvote 1

Surena    0

After registering my product it seems the psu is still under warranty, I have sent an RMA request.

Thank you!