Wouter

How many aRBG fans on 1 Asus aura connector?

Wouter    0

Hello,

Could anyone explain to me how many aRBG devices (in this case, fans) I can connect to Asus Aura while keeping full functionality (aRBG and RPM).

And how would I connect this? Do I split or is it some type of daisy chain?(I know this is used for RGB, but aRGB?)

I am getting a Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White) and need to get in the aRGB game :) I have been building PC's for many years but this is new for me.

I have the following motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F

It has the following connections:
1 x Aura Addressable Strip Header(s)
2 x Aura RGB Strip Header(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) 
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) 
3 x Chassis Fan connector(s) 
1 x AIO_PUMP connector 
1 x W_PUMP+ connector 

This means I have 1 aRBG connector, right?

I would like to buy:

1x Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB (which has 3 fans +coolblock aRGB)

3 or 6x Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R ARGB

This means I would have up to 9 fans +1 coolblock and I would get 3 CM controllers included. 

Can I connect this? If yes how? If no, how many can I connect?

Thanks!

Edited by Wouter
typos

hmmm 9 argb fans (no go with the mini controler can only connect 3 coolers) i know cm has a rgb controller with 4 ports but not yet seen a Argb controller with 4 ports

you could look for something like this https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Addressable-Controller-Four-Ports-ROG/dp/B07J6MY5CJ this will give you 4 connection ports extra and is fully compatible with your asus board

Wouter    0
28 minutes ago, Willy Creemers said:

hmmm 9 argb fans (no go with the mini controler can only connect 3 coolers) i know cm has a rgb controller with 4 ports but not yet seen a Argb controller with 4 ports

you could look for something like this https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Addressable-Controller-Four-Ports-ROG/dp/B07J6MY5CJ this will give you 4 connection ports extra and is fully compatible with your asus board

The thing is, I could not find any details on how exaclty the CM controller works. I have checked the manual (here) but no real luck.

Nowhere is described what to do when you buy multiple fans sets (sold per 3 fans incl controller) but only have 1 aRBG on you motherboard.

When looking at the manual it seems that I can split up to 5 fans per port? So if I have 3 ports on a controller. Can I control 15 aRBG things? 

I just not seem to get how this works :( 

When I look at your link (thank you!) I see this:

ROG Aura Terminal Addressable RGB Controller features four-ports for controlling up to 210 addressable RGB LEDs

What does this mean? The individual lights? That's fine and all, but nowhere does it state how many connections this means. Can I use 1 device with up to 210 leds or can I connect 10 with 21 (using splitters)?

I wish Asus and/or CM would just have a manual or something explaining this in details. When you understand the logic everything else should be easy.

I am not shure about that but i have the asus terminal hooked up to 4  rog ligtstrips.

2 x 15 2 x 30 and a dual set op mf120 r argb coolers (15 leds each) connected to mainboard argb port

can all be controlled by the asus software individual or all togheter.

so lets say 11 coolers with 15 leds per cooler must be possible

Edited by Willy Creemers

Wouter    0

Hi Willy,

Do you have 1 or 2 aRBG headers on your board?

You connected the asus terminal to 1 aRGB header on the board and the mf120 r argb set to another argb header on the board?

hi the terminal is connected tru usb (comes with external and internal connectors aura software will find it tru the usb no need to hook it up on the mainboard connector 

i have 1 argb (led strip in aura) connector and one rgb connector both connected and controllable within aura.

in aura on the top you can sync all the controllers or set them sepperatly ,the terminal i have came with 3 ledstrips 2x 30 cm 1x 60 cm and i already owned a 60 cm rog argb led strip (connected to terminal) 2x 120 argb hd coolers(on mb strip header) also have 3x 140  rgb coolers ,cm610 cpu cooler,and a 200 front rgb 120 front rgb cooler connected to the rgb connector on mb (Asus Prime X299-deluxe) al work nice in my 25th an cosmos II tower

Wouter    0

Hi Willy,

Thank you so much for your reply. It's starting to make sence now :) So I don't need to use a aRGB aura header when I use this terminal/hub.