Jetton

Differently Colored LEDs on ARGB Fans - M120R ARGB

Jetton    0

I have managed to get my ASRock RGB software to recognize my 3-pack of ARGB fans, and I can now change the colors and modes--for the most part.

I have found another problem, though: some LEDs refuse to listen to the instructions that the software gives them, and they both keep to the breathing mode and stay their rainbow color.  The pictures attached show what the fans look like when I've told them to be static white--the three rainbow-colored LEDs seen on each of them stay rainbow-colored, and keep breathing.  The affected lights are also all in the same relative position on each fan (I accidentally installed the top fan in the wrong orientation, which is why the rainbow lights come out of the left rather than the right).

I've flashed the software a couple of times now, just to see if that did the trick, but the lights stay unresponsive.  Is there anything I can do to get all the lights working as they should?

IMG_4789.JPG

IMG_4790.JPG

IMG_4791.JPG

IMG_4792.JPG

Jetton    0
4 hours ago, stonowinnerz said:

Hello,

are you using controller or no? Did u put the fans into splitter? What software are u using for control leds?

Thank you

They are plugged into both the controller and the motherboard, with the controller mode set to the use-motherboard-software mode.  I'm using ASRock's Polychrome software, which these fans are compatible with.  They are plugged together with a splitter.

Jetton    0
3 hours ago, stonowinnerz said:

Controller isn't compatible with any third-party software (so far), plug splitter directly to mobo.

I've plugged the splitter cable directly into the motherboard, rather than connecting it to the controller and then to the motherboard, but now the fan lights have completely turned off.  There's an extra 5-pin connector on the splitter cable, which is supposed to connect to the controller, for which I can find no cable that can connect it to the PSU, which I'm assuming is why the lights won't turn on.  Is the included splitter cable somehow not powerful enough to draw the required power straight from the motherboard, and so needs to pull power from the PSU?  Am I supposed to use an ARGB splitter that specifically does not have this incompatible 5-pin head?  Do I need to buy an entirely new splitter for these LEDs to work as intended?

image4.JPG

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

Jetton    0

Ok, I ordered a special new splitter that doesn't require any extra connection to some other cable, it plugs straight from the fans to the motherboard.  Unfortunately, the problem is still not fixed and the fans are simply not lighting up anymore.

Here is me with my RGB software open, with light settings turned on--no light response from the fans.  What is preventing them from working?

IMG_4884.JPG