Sign in to follow this  
stylish83

Cooler Master Aquagate overheating

Dark-Rain    0

i just have normal sticky tape holding mine in place, tbh, once its in position it is easy enough to secure the rest of the cable to other object to stop it moving around once in place and the thermal paste should give it some extra sticking power...

merovingian    0

Whenever you install a heat sink/waterblock to any component you should then remove it to make sure the print of thermal paste is on the heatsink/block (assuming that you applied the thermal paste to the chip and then adding the heatsink). Anyway, when I removed the aquagate waterblock from the cpu and had seen that the print was fine, I then tried to tape the sensor to the waterblock as posted in the picture on the previous page (the part of the waterblock that doesn't have the thermal paste print) but I'm not sure if it required heat to activate the adhesive or what but it didn't seem to stick well. To solve the problem I used artic silver adhesive thermal paste for the sensor which is pretty much like epoxy thermal paste so the sensor is perfectly secure.

RaptorFury    0

just a sily question why u yall puttin the temp probe on the block it self ? i allways stuck mine on the cpu ( not Core ) i usually put the tip of the probe just barly touching the edge of the core my temps are only off by 2 degrees c from bios to auqagate 3 . stcking it to the hsf u getting its temps not cpus temp ( as the hsf is allways goin to be cooler ) i got one of my probes on the hsf for the video card ( no room to put it near the core ) and it says 35 dgrees c while nvidia temp monitor says 45 .

Dark-Rain    0
just a sily question why u yall puttin the temp probe on the block it self ? i allways stuck mine on the cpu ( not Core ) i usually put the tip of the probe just barly touching the edge of the core my temps are only off by 2 degrees c from bios to auqagate 3 . stcking it to the hsf u getting its temps not cpus temp ( as the hsf is allways goin to be cooler ) i got one of my probes on the hsf for the video card ( no room to put it near the core ) and it says 35 dgrees c while nvidia temp monitor says 45 .

Firstly, you run the risk of crushing the temperature sensor under the weight of clamping the heat sink down, thus stopping you from getting the correct temperatures or any reading at all, secondly you stop the heat sink from sealing with the cpu properly and reduce its efficency to transfer heat from the cpu outwards, this causes your cpu to run hotter and performance to drop...

ninuhadida    0

when i had another system, i had the temp sensor on the back of the vga, and temps were just 2c cooler than the nvdia onboard sensor...

RaptorFury    0

not on the core ... on the actual cpu on the very edge of it .... p4s and the new amds cpus even tho they have a plate over the top covering there cores they do have a small area for which u can slide a prode in there ... and by placing the probe on the core u can fry the cpu itself ... i will see if i can find a good image where i was told to place it at ...

esben    0

I found i very difficult to positions the probe with that accuracy you're talking about (just having the tip of the sensor touching the cpu)

...But that's allrigt, because the heat from the cpu will transfer to the copper heatsink and will get you a readout only differing 1-2 degrees from the actual cpu core temp..(AND this way the sensorcable don't take dammage)