Sign in to follow this  
stylish83

Cooler Master Aquagate overheating

merovingian    0

Everytime the aquagate shuts down from overheating I crank call this number... 909-673-9880. :twisted:

ID    0

I'm REALLY surprised that the Aquagate performs so poorly. I don't know whether or not you've contacted tech support mero, but the fact that none of the CM guys have said anything here surely isn't a good sign. :?

merovingian    0
I'm REALLY surprised that the Aquagate performs so poorly. I don't know whether or not you've contacted tech support mero, but the fact that none of the CM guys have said anything here surely isn't a good sign. :?

Email I have received pretty much leaves me with ebay as my only option for getting my money back...

Hello Mike,

We do not provide refund for products. If you are trying to return this for refund, then you would need to go directly to the place of purchase. Any modification that is done to the product will void the warranty and is no longer accepted for RMA.

P.S. Cooler Master's 2005 Computer Modding Contest has begun. For more information,

Cooler Master Case Mod Competition 2005

Best Regards,

Kevin Voong

It's my fault for assuming that the product would be able to cool the system properly. Should not have modded the hardware before making sure that it performed as well as a good air cooled solution. Still, would have been nice if CM took responsibility for such a defective product and at least sold me the spare parts I needed to return it. I mean, after all it was the defective part that I modified to make the product function more like the way that it should. Lesson learned is that CM support just isn't the class act that it should be (unless you refer to CM board members in general as tech support), and friends don't let friends buy aquagate.

Welcome to the almost (and maybe they are) false reviews...

This artical illustrates that the aquagate is good for 15 minutes under a "torture test" to prove that it is stable. This can be misleading to the consumer as underload the computer takes more than 15 minutes to reach critical temps underload using an aquagate system. For example, my computer could not even install windows without either raising the alarms on the aquagate tank temps or incresing the fan speed to vacuume cleaner mode.

Review which compares aquagate to a cooler which they last reviewed using a duron 800

Fine folks at coolermaster for providing us an aquagate

Fair Reviews:

Conclusion

Don't overclock

And Hexus says it performs "admirably" against it's rival air cooled solution under just 30 min. prime 95 testing. (that's not an honest comparo)

I could go on but we all get the point, I should have done more homework on an easy watercooling solution, Period.

esben    0

I wondered if a photo of the sensor cable correctly installed could help me :)

Dark-Rain    0

when i have sine time i will create a simple paint diagram of thermal sensor placement, got to go to uni for 2 hours now so i'll do it when i get back...

esben    0

You helped us in the war, and you'll help us now! That would be really great :) Thanks my english friend!

Dark-Rain    0

After some work that i had to do once i got back from Uni i have made a simple Paint image which should help you locate the thermal sensor...

Lesson.jpg

ninuhadida    0
After some work that i had to do once i got back from Uni i have made a simple Paint image which should help you locate the thermal sensor...

Lesson.jpg

explained very well :D i installed an ag2 on a friends system, i did the sensor, touching the heatspreader but placed on the 2mm 'frame' and used some adhesive to hold it in place

esben    0

That is just fantastic work...now I can grasp the whole thing much better, as I'm NO tech guy at all! Thank's for taking your time doing that drawing for me Dark-Rain!

I did not even THINK of using the orange tape on TOP of the thermohead...

Now.....the tape is used up and will probably not stick to the surface anymore....can normal tape be used you figure?

ninuhadida    0

if it can stand up to 80C + heat it should be ok. justr buy a tube of adhesive and stick it to the heatsink or the fram of the cpu. i might do a paint image too, if you want. gotta slp now :)