Coolermaster stacker case

Poineer 109 dual layer

AOpen DVDROM

18 in 1 icybox card reader

Asus x800 platinum

Coolermaster Cool Drive 4

Cooler Master AquaGate

WaterChill Socket T (775 water block)

Hello everybody, this is must first custom pc for myself and i have installed the coolermaster aquagate in which fits perfect. The only problem is that the temp is too high that it want to shut the pc down. The current temp is 45.2 degree celsuis and tank temp is 35.1 degree with the fan speed at maximum setting (3).

Because of this, i had to set the alarm settings to max (60 degrees for both cpu and tank)

when fan speed is at setting number 2, then cpu temp is 4.63 and tank @ 37.1

can someone tell me the normal watercooled temp for the LGA 775 CPU please?

can anyone please advice me on what is should do?

**plus im looking for a water block for the graphics card and northbridge 925x?

hyl768s    0

What's your CPU core voltage setting and tempature under the bios? Did you apply the thermal paste between the water block and the CPU? Please make sure your thermal sensor is not directly attached on top of your processor. You should stick the sensor on the bottom of the water block without touching the CPU otherwise you might fry the sensor.

stylish83    0

the CPU temp from bios is 53C and from the aquagate is 49.4c...i know that i put enough thermal paster and the sensor is securely in place...i dont know????

zerospace    0
the CPU temp from bios is 53C and from the aquagate is 49.4c...i know that i put enough thermal paster and the sensor is securely in place...i dont know????

Too much thermal paste is not a good thing, but also... where is this thermal sensor that's "securely in place"? Did you place it in between the water block and the top of the CPU? If you did - that's likely your problem. 53C is pretty high even for an Intel Prescott CPU - especially while the system is idle.

Guest tonet1714   
Guest tonet1714

I also use the Aquagate Mini (the smaller R80) and I have no problem on the AMD FX55.

I even overclock the CPU 10 %.

stylish83    0

i havent gone overboard with the thermal paste and as for the sensor pad, it was really tricking to keepit in place because when i tried to keep it in the front of the clatch, it keeps on moving so i placed it on the top right of the cpu, placed the water block on it and perfect fit...

thank you all for helping, any more advice, please come????

stylish83    0

After reading from 'Zerospace' advice I have remove the water block and placed the thermal pad on the bottom left hand side of the CPU chip were the locking mechanism is.

now the cpu temp at full fan speed is 30.0C and tank is now 34.0c but whn i look at the BOIS it tells me that the CPU is 50C and Asus Probe its 45C

dont know whats happening??? can anyone advice???

zerospace    0

Hmmm.. 50C in the bios, huh? Well, one thing I've noticed is that the BIOS tends to read temps on the high side (on all of my mobos this happens), but still... that does seem a bit high. The sensor is now reading a lower temp because you moved it a little further away from the CPU core - so that makes some sense. Unfortunately, that's one consequence of relying on an externally placed thermal sensor (I have the same issue with the sensor for my aerogate II in my machine).

Anyway... beyond this, I can't really help you too much since I don't have an aquagate (or any other liquid cooling system) - at least we know you're not overheating your CPU by having a thermal sensor in between the CPU and the waterblock.

I hope someone else can shed some light on this for you if there is indeed a problem.

Dark-Rain    0

I had a problem with the LGA775 coolers before, i find that they never want to fix down properly and so come slightly loose and don't do their job.

I'd reccomend checking if it is properly attached and if not put it on properly, the Aquagate is a decent peice of kit as i have one cooling my AMD64 3200+ sck939 so i doubt its the coolers fault...