Hello guys,
I'm building my ultimate PC RIG and, obviously, I couldn't do that without CoolerMaster Components!
I just bought (1 week ago) a CoolerMaster Mastercase H500M PC Case and I also bought one of the latest MSI Motherboards (MSI Z390 ACE).

I know that both the PC Case and the MoBo support ARGB. My H500M has an internal ARGB Controller (screwed to a side panel) but since I want to sync the H500M Fan Lights with MSI Mystic Light (so that my FANS, MoBO, RAM, PSU and SSD are all syncronized in terms of RGB Lights), I would like to know how to proper set the wire connections up.

So far I have connected the ARGB Fans from the H500M to the H500M Controller and then I connected the Controller to my JRAINBOW Connection on the Motherboard. Will this be enough to let the Motherboard control the Lights? Or do I need to connect the fans directly to my MoBo?
Also I'm planning on buying a CPU RGB Watercooler. I noticed that the H500M RGB Controller has two inputs. One is being used for the RGB Fans as I mentioned above, can I use the other input for the CPU WaterCooler?

Thank you very much for your help, you guys rock!

Joao Pereira

• Upvote 1

Bob    0

No one has answered you yet? I'm waiting on a reply as to why the front fans don't work. The power cable doesn't fit anything on my new Gigabyte MB. Does yours work?

On 1/7/2019 at 11:53 AM, Joao Pereira said:

Hello guys,
I'm building my ultimate PC RIG and, obviously, I couldn't do that without CoolerMaster Components!
I just bought (1 week ago) a CoolerMaster Mastercase H500M PC Case and I also bought one of the latest MSI Motherboards (MSI Z390 ACE).

I know that both the PC Case and the MoBo support ARGB. My H500M has an internal ARGB Controller (screwed to a side panel) but since I want to sync the H500M Fan Lights with MSI Mystic Light (so that my FANS, MoBO, RAM, PSU and SSD are all syncronized in terms of RGB Lights), I would like to know how to proper set the wire connections up.

So far I have connected the ARGB Fans from the H500M to the H500M Controller and then I connected the Controller to my JRAINBOW Connection on the Motherboard. Will this be enough to let the Motherboard control the Lights? Or do I need to connect the fans directly to my MoBo?
Also I'm planning on buying a CPU RGB Watercooler. I noticed that the H500M RGB Controller has two inputs. One is being used for the RGB Fans as I mentioned above, can I use the other input for the CPU WaterCooler?

Thank you very much for your help, you guys rock!

Joao Pereira

Hello Joao,

The controller seems to be not compatible with Mystic Light, I have corectly connected it and it doesn't show in Mystic Light, but in MasterPlus+ yeah. If u have just three ARGB fans and splitter for them, just connect argb cables from fans to the splitter and splitter to the mobo and then it will work with Mystic. If you need to connect more things, this should do the work: Amazon

33 minutes ago, Bob said:

No one has answered you yet? I'm waiting on a reply as to why the front fans don't work. The power cable doesn't fit anything on my new Gigabyte MB. Does yours work?

Hello Bob,

The cable from fans for powering should be connected to the PWM connector on your motherboard. Can you tell me model of your motherboard?

Thank you

Edited by stonowinnerz

Vernbytes    0

I have the same case and MB and same problem as the OP. I understand from stonowinnerz reply that I can connect directly to the motherboard; however, I need a 3 pin splitter. Where can I find a 3 pin splitter to connect the 2 front case fans to the motherboard. Thanks in advance.

Vonabor    0
Posted (edited)

Hello, not sure if you solved your issue or not, but I just went through similar issues with a new H500m and the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard.  I did eventually get the front fans to be connected in the Mystic Light software.  The case should come with a 3-1 fan splitter already connected and that plugs into a normal fan header on the MB to run the fans.  The two RGB cables from the fans get combined into the RGB controller.  To get it to work with MSI Mystic Light, I connected the front panel reset switch to the controller, the micro-usb cable to a usb 2.0 header on the MB, the aRGB output cable to JRAINBOW on the MB, and the SATA power cable from my power supply.  If that's all connected, open up Mystic Light and select JRAINBOW.  Set it to Steady and pick a unique color that stands out.  Now, use the reset button to cycle through the rgb controller pre-sets until you find the steady color you picked.  Now you've selected the JRAINBOW channel and anything you set to it in ML will show on the front fans.

Hope this helps

~Von

Edited by Vonabor
forgot sata power cable