Sign in to follow this  
ducool

No lumination for UV silent fan (SUF-S12-EP)

ducool    0

Today i fixed the UV silent fan (SUF-S12-EP) 120mm to the left side case via the three pin connector on the motherboard. The front side of the fan is facing the grill (holes) with coolmaster sticker side facing the motherboard. Is this right :oops:?

There is no lumination whatsoever! Installation problem or defective Fan? :?

zerospace    0

The UV series fans require UV light in order to illuminate the fan -- there are no lights or LEDs built into this series of fans. So, what you need are some UV cold cathodes or some other form of UV lighting inside your case in order to make the fan glow.

If you want a fan that illuminates itself, you should go for one of the LED series fans.

ducool    0

No Uv tubes, its a plain jane fan. The fan sits right above the GF 6600 GT SLi Cards. What is best way of using the fan i.e. intake or exhuast, under the circumstance & also how should the fan face according to your advice?

Thanx.

ID    0

Speaking of UV lighting, would any cold cathode tube illuminate a UV product? Would this one do the job? I'm assuming no, but I gotta ask.

zerospace    0

In my experiece, only UV cold cathodes will light up UV stuff... I'd guess that since blue is pretty close to purple in wavelength, that some blue CCFLs might emit UV wavelengths. None of the ones I ever had did this, though.

Mr. Miyagi    2

Where is your fan located? On the rear panel or on your side panel? If it's on the side panel, you want it to be intake, if it's on the rear panel, you want it to be exhaust.

ducool    0

Its on the side panel, so it will be intake but please excuse me for asking a stupid question, how will i know it is intake? :oops:

Mr. Miyagi    2

Remove the side panel, turn on the computer and feel which way the air is blowing. Be careful when you do this though. If the holographic CM sticker is on the outside, then it is intake.