mrzha0

ML240R leaked killed my pc

mrzha0    0

Good afternoon,

So i had a bad start of the day. When i was doing some browsing, my screen suddenly turned black for a few seconds and then shut down with a weird buzzing noise, strange. So i tried to reboot it but this time it wouldnt even turn on and i smelled something really weird from my pc. 

As soon as i opened up my pc, i have noticed something really awful on my ML240R pump, it leaked so bad with green coolant dripping from the pump yikes, so i removed my gpu and checked it for damage. 

By looking at it, the damage was already done. My pci-e slot was corroded with greenish coolant leaking from the pump, my expectations is that it took along with my gpu and motherboard with it :(  and probably several other components

I have bought this ml240r AIO on March 3 2018 and never had experienced any issues until now. 

My system specs:

Motherboard: MSI Z170 Gaming m3

CPU: Intel Skylake 6600k

GPU: Msi GTX 980 Gaming

RAM: Corsair 16GB LPX 2400mhz DDR4

SSD: Samsung 970 Evo NVMe m.2 500gb

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST3750528AS

PSU: Corsair rm650x 650w

Please help.

Kind regards,

mrzhao

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2715.JPG

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

I just wanted to add that I had the same Issue with mine and was lucky to get away with it. It was dripping onto my M2 Heatsink and that stopped it from junking my GTX 1080Ti and/Or my M2 and Motherboard.

I cannot raise a ticket as it does not recognise the serial number and it is being returned to the retailer. I have asked for a refund as its not fit for purpose in my eyes as there is no way that a sealed loop should leak in an electronic device, and I would never fit this product again.

Coolermaster ML240L RGB Leak CPU Block.jpg

Coolermaster ML240L RGB Leak M2 Heatsink.jpg