Yang

C700M Front LED Problem

On 1/28/2020 at 6:20 PM, Cosmos Galactica said:

Wow, sorry to hear that ChopperGunnerNL. Can you tell me if the bottom inner of your front panel door has 7 male pins & the housing behind it 7 female openings? Because if not then that may be the issue of your new failure. I find it odd that the bottom LED section of the case needs to replacement or upgraded 7 pin wiring? I'll contact CM & ask & post info here...

My front panel door has 7 male as well as female pins. Though I doubt that it's the front panel door what is causing the controller of not working properly.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:31 AM, neno said:

I can tell you about mine.

I got replacement parts: top, bottom and front with 7 pins, new controller ( revised PCB ) and the issues started maybe after month or two.

The problem is the controller, obviously it's not designed very well.

Regarding how to change the panels: it's not that difficult, depends if your pc is air cooled or you have a custom water loop, you can do it probably in 1 hr, I did it in 2 hrs because i had to drain my loop.

If you need any help just ask, I can post pics with steps you need to take for changing the panels if you decide to do so.

Cool ty you are very kind. So I assume the new PCB has only the 7 pin connectors and since CM did not send me the bottom panel LED with the 7 pin male end it would be a waste of time to try to do it until I get the 7pin newer version. They sent the top & front & PCB only. It would be a disaster to discover mid build with everything all apart if I had to hold on another bottom part. I questioned CM about this via my ticket but not answer for 4 days and they never answer their phones but rarely...

I want to be winning again!  Darnit CM should not put old people into such compromised positions!  We struggle getting outta bed let alone playing humpty dumpty with expensive custom built PC's. lol

I could return it to AVADIrect and let them do it... but I gotta think about it. Lot's of pro's & con's to consider + I gotta get CM to send me the bottom LED part so they all have 7 pin male & female connectors I guess.

Winning!.jpg

Edited by Cosmos Galactica

neno    4
On 1/31/2020 at 9:28 PM, Cosmos Galactica said:

Cool ty you are very kind. So I assume the new PCB has only the 7 pin connectors and since CM did not send me the bottom panel LED with the 7 pin male end it would be a waste of time to try to do it until I get the 7pin newer version. They sent the top & front & PCB only. It would be a disaster to discover mid build with everything all apart if I had to hold on another bottom part. I questioned CM about this via my ticket but not answer for 4 days and they never answer their phones but rarely...

I want to be winning again!  Darnit CM should not put old people into such compromised positions!  We struggle getting outta bed let alone playing humpty dumpty with expensive custom built PC's. lol

I could return it to AVADIrect and let them do it... but I gotta think about it. Lot's of pro's & con's to consider + I gotta get CM to send me the bottom LED part so they all have 7 pin male & female connectors I guess.

Winning!.jpg

I hope you win this fight :toothy8:.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:13 AM, neno said:

I hope you win this fight :toothy8:.

Thanks! 

I finally got a reply on the bottom panel and requesting panel changes instructions / diagrams etc. Below is CM reply, although they did not address my question of 7 pin vs 6 pin wiring harness connections form the PCB...so I assume the male female new / old (Meaning the bottom panel connector) parts will line up.

CM:

The bottom panel was unchanged. Only the front panel received a new 7 point contact, that was located at the bottom of the front panel itself. This would be why you didn't receive a bottom panel in addition to the other parts. We've been attempting to write out a guide for how to better explain the removal and installation process of the panels, but our time constraints don't give us a dedicated time to work on this. We unfortunately don't have a fully built C700M that we are able to dismantle and get pictures of the removal/installation process to you.

Edited by Cosmos Galactica

neno    4
On 2/6/2020 at 10:35 PM, Cosmos Galactica said:

Thanks! 

I finally got a reply on the bottom panel and requesting panel changes instructions / diagrams etc. Below is CM reply, although they did not address my question of 7 pin vs 6 pin wiring harness connections form the PCB...so I assume the male female new / old (Meaning the bottom panel connector) parts will line up.

CM:

.... This would be why you didn't receive a bottom panel in addition to the other parts. ...

Well I find this strange because I did get the bottom panel. The LEDs wiring on the new bottom panel is a little bit different but I need to check with the old panel to be exact sure what are the differences, I'll do it this weekend and let you know what are the changes and if they make any difference. Also if you want I can make a small guide how to change the panels so you can decide what you want to do.

21 hours ago, neno said:

Well I find this strange because I did get the bottom panel. The LEDs wiring on the new bottom panel is a little bit different but I need to check with the old panel to be exact sure what are the differences, I'll do it this weekend and let you know what are the changes and if they make any difference. Also if you want I can make a small guide how to change the panels so you can decide what you want to do.

Awwww thanks your the best!

whoa_thats_epic_cat.jpg

neno    4

Well, regarding the bottom panel, I hooked up the old panel to the new controller and is working fine so there should not be any problems with that. Also regarding the guide I can't really tell you when it will be ready but before CMs for sure :toothy10: .