Yang

C700M Front LED Problem

17 hours ago, neno said:

Well I got mine 2nd replacement about 2 months ago ( can't really remember exactly when ) and it's starting to act funny again . When you turn the pc on it doesn't go directly to solid red but starts with the rainbow effect or another color on front and bottom panel, top goes to red immediately. The PCB is the revised one ( two SATA connectors ), previous two were the old PCBs. So with the replacement parts it's obviously hit or miss.

It's a shame that a high end premium case like this suffers from problems like these.
I'll wait with replacing the PCB until it starts malfunctioning. Hope Cooler Master has a new revision PCB available by then.

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2019 at 6:04 AM, ChopperGunnerNL said:

It's a shame that a high end premium case like this suffers from problems like these.
I'll wait with replacing the PCB until it starts malfunctioning. Hope Cooler Master has a new revision PCB available by then.

I agree. My 700M front panel began flickering sporadically just yesterday and now when I choose red the color rendered is pink. Same with white the color rendered is light yellow. But the rainbow moving appears to work ok.  Unfortunately I will have to deal with the BS to get another PCB and possibly front panel. Can't call Coolermaster as they never seem to answer, so I will submit a ticket.

I am not a PC builder so it will be difficult for me to do the PCB swap as I've read it uses 2 SATA's. I got it from AVADirect, so their tech support can walk me through it possibly. Who wants to spend hours doing part swaps? It will take me 20 minutes just to unhook it & get it up to eye level to work on. Sighs. Coolermaster by now knows this is a known issue with their PCB's LED units. But instead of issuing a proper recall or customer contact to those registered & make customers aware they just wait and hope their warranties expire.

Update: #1 I cannot even submit a ticket yet & they are not answering their phones. Guess I'll have to wait until next week.

Announcement:
Dear Customer

As customer satisfaction is a core value of Cooler Master, we would like to inform our customers that during the holiday season, we are expecting delays in RMA processing and Support inquiries. The volume of inquires rises exponentially every year during this time, and we would like every customer to know that we are doing our best to get back to every inquiry as soon as we can. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this situation might cause for you, and thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Cooler Master Support Team

Update #2 Via the submit a ticket that began working I received a note that they were on extended "holiday". The response tech said they are waiting for parts to arrive to correct this issue. So I will just have to wait. I prefer to speak to a live person but every time I call no joy.

700M LED defect.jpg

700M LED defective.jpg

Edited by Cosmos Galactica

G    0

So Cooler Master has known about this problem for well over a year now - and they haven't fixed it yet...?

And they are still selling these cases all over the place for $400+ US dollars...?

Cooler Master does have this thing https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/masterfan-argb-and-pwm-hub/ but idk if it's fully compatible with the C700M.
Also I wonder what would happen if a third party fan/RGB controller would be installed. I mean, Corsair and NZXT and many other have comparable products, but nobody really knows how it works with the C700M.

neno    4
7 hours ago, ChopperGunnerNL said:

Cooler Master does have this thing https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/masterfan-argb-and-pwm-hub/ but idk if it's fully compatible with the C700M.
Also I wonder what would happen if a third party fan/RGB controller would be installed. I mean, Corsair and NZXT and many other have comparable products, but nobody really knows how it works with the C700M.

Probably with the CM hub you can control the LED strips using your MB aRGB software, the C700M front panel control would be useless because you can't connect it anywhere on the hub. Also I'm not so sure I would trust them with this controller because even when they did redesigned the C700M controller they didn't do a great job. Mine is starting to act funny again so I'm waiting until it goes completely crazy ( it won't be long ) before I ask for a new one ( still got about 1 year warranty left ).

On 1/16/2020 at 9:11 AM, ChopperGunnerNL said:

Let us know if you've received the replacement. I wonder if CM is still giving faulty RGB controllers.

I got this box on 1/24/20. In it is the entire front panel the exterior part that you can swing open and remove and its full length backer housing with a new connector & wiring harness for both.

Also recieved was another top panel with wiring harness and the newer PCB as pictured. Odd the bottom LED strips were not mentioned or replaced. Since the newer PCB & the front / top panels will have 7 pins how will the connector from the bottom be able to plug in? See these are all variants that make me very cautious on diving into this and since they never answer their phones rarely how can I get proper answers?

No install instructions on what to do in what order.

The only info is the page I uploaded. When trying to contact CM after 50 tries I got ahold of someone from their retail option as he finally picked up. He said they are in the process of trying to hire 1 more phone person...

That was then this is now. In that I am NO PC builder, so my trying to take humpty dumpty apart and put back together again, well I am not sure I can as I am an older person. Especially without any instructions. This hot potato was just dropped into my lap with a basic "good luck dude"!

Of course those that have done builds will say oh c'mon it's easy. But I know how things can go bad really fast if someone gets inside an expensive PC moving things around, as they can actually make it worse or not even work at all. Even the PC builders who build this custom PC November 2018 were screwing up BIG time which I had to hound them to do it right and research tons of info online for hours to days to prove to them various MOBO connectors they had wrong. I was like really? A multiple thousand dollar PC and the builders are proven untrained kids who don't know what they are doing? WTF?

Do I want to be forced to spend hours again learning again & try to do it myself possibly voiding my warranty with AVA or take a chance to ship this huge PC back to AVADIRECT to install the parts which they may not even do right based upon initial build and re-ships back to them already 2 times already + the FEDEX dudes we all know damage things all the time as it is not theirs.

What to do I am not sure. Just to unhook the PC and box it up properly will honestly take me all day being an older person if I go that route. CM should never have released the c700M without proper field testing obviously. Customers put into this unexpected bind that purchased a 400 dollar case should never have to go through this. They cannot even be reached to support my trying to correct their bad design. If they gave me tech phone support how to do the replacement parts which would take me hours if not days then maybe I could try myself who knows...

But even if then a CM tech would have to be familiar with all MOBO connections and the wiring etc. My PC was already wired by their professional wiring guy which he did do well, so would my removing the old CM wiring harness and replacing it degrade the look as well? What a mess. Jeesh, maybe I'll have to take a chance & ship it to AVA and just hope whoever works on it is better than the prior kids.

In rainbow mode it works fine btw, just the static white & red are off... (eye roll)

Summary: Confused.

DSC04010.thumb.JPG.43792f750bd312f1d2e7e63c0d93ca44.JPGDSC04008.thumb.JPG.ece56dd44efe7395c2cdeaa51ffa64eb.JPG

I think the original manual for the C700M came with instructions on how to remove the top and front panels, it shouldn't be that hard. As for the controller, let us know how your new controller functions. I bought my C700M a few months ago and came with the controller that has 2 SATA power ports as described in that letter of yours, unfortunately that very same controller has the same issues.

On 1/26/2020 at 4:37 PM, ChopperGunnerNL said:

I think the original manual for the C700M came with instructions on how to remove the top and front panels, it shouldn't be that hard. As for the controller, let us know how your new controller functions. I bought my C700M a few months ago and came with the controller that has 2 SATA power ports as described in that letter of yours, unfortunately that very same controller has the same issues.

Wow, sorry to hear that ChopperGunnerNL. Can you tell me if the bottom inner of your front panel door has 7 male pins & the housing behind it plus the 7 female openings on the back plate? Because if not then that may be the issue of your new failure. I find it odd that the bottom LED section of the case needs no replacement or upgraded 7 pin wiring? I'll contact CM & ask & post info here...

Untitled (2).jpg

Edited by Cosmos Galactica

neno    4
23 hours ago, Cosmos Galactica said:

Wow, sorry to hear that ChopperGunnerNL. Can you tell me if the bottom inner of your front panel door has 7 male pins & the housing behind it 7 female openings? Because if not then that may be the issue of your new failure. I find it odd that the bottom LED section of the case needs to replacement or upgraded 7 pin wiring? I'll contact CM & ask & post info here...

I can tell you about mine.

I got replacement parts: top, bottom and front with 7 pins, new controller ( revised PCB ) and the issues started maybe after month or two.

The problem is the controller, obviously it's not designed very well.

Regarding how to change the panels: it's not that difficult, depends if your pc is air cooled or you have a custom water loop, you can do it probably in 1 hr, I did it in 2 hrs because i had to drain my loop.

If you need any help just ask, I can post pics with steps you need to take for changing the panels if you decide to do so.