Sign in to follow this  
mgeo832

How to disable the alarm in the CD4

mgeo832    0

Would someone kindly tell me how to permanently disable the alarm in the Cool Drive 4? What wire or pin to snip.

Thanks,

Michael

Booradley    0

As far as I know it can't be done... Someone please feel to correct me if I'm wrong though.

sorry

mgeo832    0

"...void the warranty..." Good point well taken. An oversight on my part to not have included in the original posting that its OK, I assume disabling the alarm will void the warranty. See, I set the computer to go on Standby after a certain period of time; it's easy on the hardware, it's ecologically the right thing to do. Then I do timed backups at 2am. Which awakens the machine from Standby which causes the CD4 alarm to go off, which awakens me at a time I did not plan.

This failure of the design team to think through the above scenario I find a stunning oversight. Yes, it is solved by the CD6 - get out the checkbook again. If I cannot quiet the CD4 it's destined for the trash can anyway.

Thanks,

Michael