Sign in to follow this  
BAPTISTE CARPENTEY

Should i set pump on variable speed or not?

hi all,

just install my first AIO nepton 280L, with asus x370 pro, i connect the pump to the AIO pump header,

and then i can set the speed range from 60% to 100% depending of temperature, and thats nice cause when pump run at full speed she is a bit noisy.

after looking on google, no one says the nepton 280L as a variable speed pump, and somes say its a non variable speed pump...

So im a bit confused, did i risk to damage the pump if it has variable speed control? im in DC in bios and tell me it run from 5000 rpm to 7200 rpm.

Or should i make it run full speed all time?

thanks

Mk_900    0

Hi,

you've to connect to the AIO pump header and let work always 100% if you don't want issue with pump. I've a Nepton 280L bought new for my new system I assembled few weeks ago with ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero and Ryzen 7 2700X and I've talked about everything with CoolerMaster support. Also I don't find noisy the pump, I don't listen it at all inside my HAF XB EVO :D ...maybe the Fan when run 100% speed are "noisy" but with profile set I choose on my mainboard they run 100% when temperature reach 61°C...and this happens only sometimes (it's also about ambient temperature) during hard render in Daz Studio with 3Delight render engine that use only CPU and punch load to 100% for work. Is possible that also if you set no PWM profile you'll see also on ASUS AI Suite that change low/high rpm of pump but is normal.