Sign in to follow this  
mojoicus

Hyper 48 problems

mojoicus    0

Right 1st of all ive fitted the heatsink and fan no problem

But here is the problem i have an Asus AV8 Deluxe with fan connectors that are 3 pin and the connector on the Hyoer 48 is 4 pin so where do i connect oit or will i need a 4 pin to 3 pin convertor?

Please help

izzydpush    0

I'm having the same problem. I may go out and buy a fan speed controller to fix but not happy about it at all. I just emailed customer support to see what they say. The main problem is that if you have 3 pin connector on mobo you can connect it but it will only run on slowest speed. Check fine print on instruction manual or online manual. This should have come with a fan speed controller!

izzydpush    0

Thats the problem, without the 4 pin connector on the mobo its gonna run around 1200-1300, which is lowest speed.

mojoicus    0

So what am i supposed to do is there a 3 to 4 pin convertor cable cause when i boot up now i get a fan error and im told to press F1

It does load into windows tho but thats not the point it isnt working as it should

And im not buying a fan controller thats not on

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

there are no converters for that breed of 4pin fan connector the 4th fan is for automated board speed throttling, id cut a pair of wire cutters and do the job yourself not hard, or replace the fan.

The 4pins PWM is a feature for Intel LGA775 where the MB automatically controls your fan. You could not buy a convertor because your MB doesn't have that feature to begin with.