Arell Rodan

CM Storm Trigger lights up but not functioning

Arell Rodan    0

Good day, 

Last night I was still using my CM Storm Trigger keyboard, but then at morning when I turned on my system unit the keyboard light up, but unfortunately the keyboard doesn't work

Note:

I tried using the Storm Key+ 1/2/3/4/5 , doesn't work

Tried pressing all keys including caps lock, screen lock and numlock doesn't work (the lights on Caps, Num and Screen lock doesn't lights on or lights off when pressed)

Tried reattaching the USB Cord, it lights up but still doesn't work

Viewed attached devices and my system unit recognizes the keyboard as CM Storm Trigger 

I have the latest keyboard drivers

Also tried resetting my system unit

Keyboard was a tournament prize last 2014, I rarely used it because I didn't have a pc before, if i'll add up the total days I used a keyboard it could only be for 2-3 months 

Keyboard's USB Cable are still in good condition

Keyboard's in good condition too never been dropped nor spilled water or any liquid on it

Things I'm still looking to do:

Download, install and use software from your site ( I actually downloaded this but never actually used it as my keyboard was working perfectly but until now)

Message or file a ticket directly to your support

Details : System unit was built and just used this June 2018 ( IDK if this matters but I hope it helps )

Proce : Amd Ryzen 5 2400g

Mobo : Gigabyte A320-S2H

RAM   : 8GB 

OS       :WIN10

Cheeseball    0
Posted (edited)

I've had this problem with the keyboard since 2014.  It has sat in a box near my office desk since then.  I was given an RMA but I declined to send it in as shipping was $45 and this is almost certainly a problem that can be solved by flashing the board.

Whatever.  Coolermaster lost a customer.

Edited by Cheeseball
I used the Reset Trigger tool and it fixed the keyboard. I'm happily using it at home now.