Sign in to follow this  
Steven Schmidt

ML240R AMP/Volts of RGB's?

It appears when the 2 fans and pump RGB's are all plugged directly into the motherboard's 3 pin ARGB header the computer crashes/shuts off after a few hours... The Asus Rog Strix x470-F says it can handle 5 volts 3 amps up to 60 LED lights.  I counted far less than 60 RGB lights so how many volts/amps does it have?  It took weeks to figure out what was making the computer crash, but with all my pretty lights unplugged the computer stopped crashing.  I'm curious if this is a motherboard issue or I just overpowered the poor little header.  

Side question, if I plug all the lights into the controller first can I plug that into the motherboard and the lights draw their power directly from the controller?  With that, I should be able to use ASUS AURA so all the lights on the computer sync up, correct?  

Jasper Susi    0
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Steven Schmidt said:

I'm curious if this is a motherboard issue or I just overpowered the poor little header.  

Side question, if I plug all the lights into the controller first can I plug that into the motherboard and the lights draw their power directly from the controller?  With that, I should be able to use ASUS AURA so all the lights on the computer sync up, correct?  

You can try just plugging in one of the fans into the aRGB 3pin directly on the motherboard and see if that lights up on its own. Switch between the 2 fans and the cooler. If that works, and i'm assuming you used the 3-in-1 splitter to get them all going at once, it could be a bad cable. I would then hit up CM support / ticket as it seems they're not very active in these forums.

As for the controller, yes it is getting power of that as the controller itself needs power via SATA. It's a little tricky to get Aura synced but it does work - refer to my previous post where someone asked how i managed it.

Edited by f0x13

So far I have it working with the controller.  Now the problem is those 3 lights stay on when the computer is in sleep mode or even shuts off.  This is a tricky situation.

Thank you for your help, I think I will hit up customer support.  At least when they were all connected to the motherboard they shut off when it was bed time lol