Zach    0

NOTE: If you are trying to discourage me from building, please don't comment. This is my first build without extreme help and I need the experience, so please <3

Question/Issue #1: I'm using the Asus - Prime Z370-A motherboard in the C700P case. Two wires to be connected for the front 3.0 ports, and the USB 3.0 pins look entirely different on my motherboard. I also don't know what kind of connection the USB 3.1 wire is using, but it doesn't look the same as what is labeled as the USB 3.1 pins on the motherboard.

Question/Issue #2: Then there's all the single or double pin LED wires, etc. and I think I understand that- I put them all into the adapter-type device that puts them all into one pin thing. Picture included below.

Question/Issue #3: Also, I can't understand the "Control Board Layout" from the manual at all (It's on Page 20). Specifically, Part B - "Front Panel Control Connector" which is described as a "9pin connector for LED & Fan control signal" -- I don't know what I am supposed to be doing with that. Currently, My NZXT Kraken X62 fans are plugged into the power supply directly. Should I plug them into this "Control Board"?

Explanation of Question/Issues #2&3: Basically, what do I do with the Case's "Control Board" and what is done with all the wires that are included with the C700P. I never had a case with a control board like this before.

Overall, I just need a little guidance. This is my entire part list and I haven't found anything online that can guide me.  Any help is appreciated..  I will include some pictures that might help? ? ?

Edited by Zach
wasn't clear.

I am shocked nobody responded to you.  

To answer your 1st question about USB 3.1 and 3.0 -  the Cosmo C700P  comes with a USB 3.1 connection wire as you discovered but it's a little ahead of it's time so the particular motherboard you have does not have a USB 3.1 header :) so you're not going to plug that cable into anything unless you upgrade your motherboard that has a 3.1 header.   

3.1 connections exist in the back on the i/o ports.

ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (1 at back panel, teal blue, Type-A, Support 3A power output)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (1 at back panel, , USB Type-CTM, Support 3A power output) 

Source:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/specifications/

For question 3 ,  this is where you get your lighting and fan control speeds from.  The manual could be better but basically it's identifying your sata power connectors,  fan connectors and lighting connectors.    I don't know a better way to explain that.  

Sorry it's a late response ,  hope it helps.

• Like 1