Michael Vollmer

Cooler Master's leak warranty

I was considering getting a Masterliquid ML240L RGB, but I have become paranoid of the cooler leaking and wrecking my system. I would like to know if Cooler Master is willing to replace parts that get damaged by a cooler leak in case this happens. If not, I might just get an air cooler or save up more for a Corsair Hydro Series cooler.

Dude, I have the same cooler, the cooler is great, but the fans are really bad, plan on replacing those, as far as the warranty, from my experience with CM support I would not count on any help through the support site or warranty, you only have to look through this site to see how many unanswered posts there are, Google  CM support / warranty and see how many hits you get.

Jordan D    0

I have just requested an RMA for a ML240L RGB and had the request accepted the same day due to a leaking pump. For what it's worth, the leak had gone onto my GPU (without a backplate) and not caused any failures.

The only downside is that it will cost me ~£10-20 to ship the faulty cooler back to them for a replacement, meanwhile I'll have no CPU cooler, despite the cooler only being 5 months old.

I feel like I shouldn't be paying an extra 10-20% because of a fault that is not my own, shipping should be covered by them.