Sign in to follow this  
bigapl

Wavemaster Top panel

bigapl    0

I have the Blue wavemaster and all of a sudden the system shuts down when a USB device is plugged into the top panel, I tried 2 differant headers on the mobo to connect it and this still happens. I now have a 128meg Sandisk Cruzer that is toast from this.

The rear ports are fine and another usb connector works fine on the same headers.

Is this a common problem and how do I get my hands on a replacement part?

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

that sounds like an incroecley wires usb plug, cm's fault contact your nearest CM branch for an replacement.

bigapl    0

Sent an email out to Lucy and I have a new panel coming soon!

Just I lost my thumb drive I know it was small but it was reliable.. Oh well maybe I can win one somewhere or catch a great deal..

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

not sure about hte law over there but over here if a product is defective and blows up another product beacuse it was defective the manufacturer has to replace both.

bigapl    0

If it were my Razer mouse or digital camera I would raise holy :) but the drive can be replaced, Maybe they will send some schwag for comp LOL...

Either way they are getting me a new panel and I can be happy again.

Matt05    0

you say it restarts when you plug a device into it? iw ould have said somethign was shorting out on the board itself, but then you said whatever header you plug into iot, it still does it.

but when you plug the device into your back usb connectors its fine.

i would have thought it would be the usb controller on your motherboard causing such a problem not the usb header - this i think so because u said it happened regardless of what header uplaced onto it.

then again i could be wrong, nothing wrong with a suggestion though.

Matt