Alex felthauser

Am3 backplate shorting out with ml240

I installed the ml240 in my system went from the evo 212 and my stock back plate is causing my system to short out. My mobo came with the metal back plate not plastic. 

Mohd Noh    28
21 minutes ago, Alex felthauser said:

I installed the ml240 in my system went from the evo 212 and my stock back plate is causing my system to short out. My mobo came with the metal back plate not plastic. 

Hello

Can you share some picture regarding this ?

Posted (edited)

I dont have any pics but through my testing with 2 am3+ boards and 3 different cpus memory and 2 power supplys then i take the back plate off the board and just set my old cooler on it no short and its powers up fine. What im wondering is of im suppose to use a plastic back plate or the metal one my motherboard came with?

Edited by Alex felthauser

Mohd Noh    28
1 minute ago, Alex felthauser said:

I dont have any pics but through my testing with 2 am3+ boards and 3 different cpus memory and 2 power supplys then i take the back plate off the board and just set my old cooler on it no short and its powers up fine. What im wondering is of im suppose to use a plastic back plate or the metal one my motherboard came with?

Dude as long you can make it done you can try both side

Posted (edited)

Isnt the 240 suppose to work with the stock backplate? Prior to this cooler i was using the 212 evo which required its own back plate i have literally never powered this board with the stock one.

Edited by Alex felthauser