Rafael

ML240R COMPATIBLE WITH ASUS AURA SYNC?

herozorz    0
17 hours ago, AWESUMO said:

Jesus is it really that hard?
 - Make sure your motherboard has ARGB header.

- Take the provided ARGB extension cable, plug it in the ARGB header on your motherboard.

- Take the RGB splitter provided with the cooler and plug it in the ARGB extension cable.

- Take your fan RGB cables and your pump rgb cable and plug them in your splitter cable.

- Turn on your PC.

You don't need the ARGB controller if you want to sync up with AURA. I'm using Maximus XI Hero's ADD_HEADER1 port, works without any issue.

It shouldn't be. But my system wouldn't sync EVEN connected properly.

I had to plug the motherboard ARGB directly into the 5 way splitter to get it to sync. Then unplug it and plug it back into the 3 pin motherboard connector (on controller) and 5 way back into one of the 4 available ports. And now everything is synced. 

WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO DO THAT. 

CM software set to motherboard output. 

AWESUMO    0

I'm not using anything other than AURA software and the ARGB controller box never even touched my PC. My motherboard has 2 ARGB headers, ADD_HEADER_1 ADD_HEADER_2, tried both of them, both of them works. Even tried it as connecting the splitter directly to the motherboard headers, that also does the trick but I can't hide the cables thus using the extension cable that came with the cooler accessories. To be honest I could go with 3 RGB fans using a splitter and the pump RGB header directly on the motherboard (also tried that). If I had to blame something, I blame the low quality fans. They're extremely LOUD. I have two of these and they're double the noise of !!4!! noctua chromax fans.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:32 AM, AWESUMO said:

- Take the provided ARGB extension cable, plug it in the ARGB header on your motherboard.

- Take the RGB splitter provided with the cooler and plug it in the ARGB extension cable.

- Take your fan RGB cables and your pump rgb cable and plug them in your splitter cable.

- Turn on your PC.

You don't need the ARGB controller if you want to sync up with AURA. I'm using Maximus XI Hero's ADD_HEADER1 port, works without any issue.

and then.... 

quick question. it seems like if i am plugging in just the pumps argb, i should be able to bypass the ext and splitter. and plug directly in? or at least bypass the ext as long as i plug the 4 pin splitter the correct way into the 3 pin argb header?

anyways. to the good stuff... so what are the rest of the steps.

i plugged it in exactly as you mention. i turn on the pc. open aura, open coooler lighting control and nothing. i tried opening them in opposite order. nothing. i tried going to "settings" then "addressable header" in aura software. all it shows is an option and then a box to put how many rgb lights are in the device (default is 120, i changed it to 12).

not sure whats going on, but my pumps light will not change from solid greens. i wonder if there was a way to convert its 3 pin adapter to a 4 pin that fits phanteks splitters. i dont care for argb control, i just want regular rgb control to match my z390i, case and ram.

On 12/12/2018 at 2:47 AM, AWESUMO said:

I'm not using anything other than AURA software and the ARGB controller box never even touched my PC. My motherboard has 2 ARGB headers, ADD_HEADER_1 ADD_HEADER_2, tried both of them, both of them works. Even tried it as connecting the splitter directly to the motherboard headers, that also does the trick but I can't hide the cables thus using the extension cable that came with the cooler accessories. To be honest I could go with 3 RGB fans using a splitter and the pump RGB header directly on the motherboard (also tried that). If I had to blame something, I blame the low quality fans. They're extremely LOUD. I have two of these and they're double the noise of !!4!! noctua chromax fans.

i have my pump rgb header plugged directly into the only argb header on my z390i strix board. i have my phanteks case plugged into the 4 pin rgb header on my board.

can you explain the exact steps in windows to get it to work. i have opened both softwares, nothing happens. do i need to change settings in aura? how many led's did you put for the argb header setting.

p.s. = i too am a Noctua fan boy. i hate the colors. but i have gone from the nf-f12/nf-s12a to the a12x15 to the a12x25. love the performance to sound ratio they provide. if you havent already look into the a12x25, if you can fit them they provide better cfm then f12s and better air flow then the s12a (best of both worlds)

Edited by carlosriosness

On 12/11/2018 at 11:32 PM, AWESUMO said:

- Turn on your PC.

Holy Heck, my man this works!! I was trouble-shooting this issue whilst helping my friend with his PC build, even though i read your comment multiple times i didn't try it. After 3 hours of dead ends i tried it. Boom it actually works perfectly fine. However, with this solution you can't get the full range of customizability. Still it looks sexy. I don't know how to thank you enough mate. Cheers!!!

pablo    0
On 12/11/2018 at 11:32 AM, AWESUMO said:

- Turn on your PC.

I have a question, my motherboard is the ASUS B450 F Gaming, but this board only has a RGB pin (4 pin), but the fans of the ml240R are ARGB (3 pin) so I can not connect it directly to the board, I would need some kind of adapter (if it exists).
From the technical service of ASUS they tell me that it can be synchronized to the board, but only from the UK market, I live in Spain and it is supposed that it is not compatible here. Do you believe it or are you trying to strain it so that it does not bother you?
Any suggestions?
Thank you.