Rafael

ML240R COMPATIBLE WITH ASUS AURA SYNC?

Jasper Susi    1
On 7/8/2018 at 1:51 AM, Xeno said:

I'd have used the word "Fortunately". :o) Glad you got this working. I'm about to start a build with this cooler in a CM H500M case which also has a controller/hub. Would you mind giving some specifics as to how you connected everything to put me and anyone else who might run into trouble on the right track?

Sure.

First thing is to download everything from the product page --> downloads. The manuals there is worlds ahead of the instructions provided in the box that seems like was created by aliens in their native language. Install the CM RGB software.

Secondly the aRGB controller, i'm not sure if its necessary but i've plugged both the USB and SATA power in , although I'm assuming just plugging in the SATA is enough for power as the USB is for manual control. Make sure the 3pin aRGB cable next to the USB port on the controller is the one going to the aRGB port on the motherboard.

Lastly and most important, know the CM RGB software is extremely buggy. In my PC the ARGB would sync with Aura ONLY when the CM software was open and 'motherboard' was selected. As soon as the CM software was closed, it would ignore the motherboard Aura setting and revert back to the last CM profile. So i thought to open up the CM software again, let it re-sync with Aura, then once synced FORCE-QUIT THE CM SOFTWARE VIA TASK MANAGER. That did the trick for me. Rebooted & also shut down to confirm it is indeed synced with Aura.

Good luck!

Mayo0666    0

REPORTING MY PREVIOUS POST:

BUT for me that i do not have a 3pin aRGB connector on the Asus Mobo but only a 4 pin connector for RGB, can I connect fans and cooler to Asus Aura by the controller???

On my controller there is a 4pin port in 1 of the "short" sides... If I connect the Asus Aura 4pin on the mobo with this 4pin connection on the controller .. what happen?

Will it sync with aura?

Gold333    0

Coolermaster is a joke. Never buy their products. "Plug in your CM device to get started",... it's already plugged in.

What a worthless company.

Jack Le    2

I WORKED IT OUT!!! I have the CM ML120 with only one fan connected but this will work if you are using two.

I should've done some research because the advertising on the box said Aura Sync, and I would assume it was illegal to advertise such things if it weren't available.

I followed all the instructions that was given in the manual, plug cables into AIO header and CPU header, plug the other pump cable into the controller, plug the fans into the splitter which plugs into the controller, then i had to power the bloody thing too and figured out why it didn't work.

then with a little research, the thought process was I had to plug SOMETHING into the RGB header on the motherboard... but the question was what!

then after a little bit of playing around with different cables (including the 4 pin cable) plugging in and out of the controller it donned on me.... I needed a splitter that connected the pump and fans, and plug that directly into the RGB header on the motherboard.

and then Bobs your uncle. Aura sync works instantly!!!

So just to reiterate what I have done.

Coolermaster supply a 3 way splitter, which you plug the female plugs from the pump and fan(s) into using the Male-Male adapters. Then simply plug the single female end into the 3pin RGB port on your motherboard. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jack Le    2
On 7/10/2018 at 11:16 PM, Mayo0666 said:

REPORTING MY PREVIOUS POST:

BUT for me that i do not have a 3pin aRGB connector on the Asus Mobo but only a 4 pin connector for RGB, can I connect fans and cooler to Asus Aura by the controller???

On my controller there is a 4pin port in 1 of the "short" sides... If I connect the Asus Aura 4pin on the mobo with this 4pin connection on the controller .. what happen?

Will it sync with aura?

I don't work for CM but you haven't actually stated what asus motherboard you have. That would help 

Milmoor    0

@Mayo0666

As far as I know it works like this:

• RGB is 12v and has no individual adjustable leds, so all leds have the same color and brightness. ARGB is 5v and every led is individually adjustable in color and brightness. RGB uses a 4 pin header, ARGB uses a 3 pin header.
  • The controller is either in RGB or in ARGB mode. Both modes can be controlled by a motherboard (or videocard) using Aura sync, but only one mode is active at a time. There is 1 RGB output and 4 ARGB outputs. There is 1 RGB input and 1 ARGB input for external control like a motherboard.
  • Your Asus device (in my case a videocard) quite probably has either RGB or ARGB, but not both.
  • You can't mix RGB and ARGB. 

So the answer is no, you can't control your ARGB fans using Asus sync on a RGB header. I was quit disappointed when I found out.  My videocard is RGB and my fans are ARGB. It's not Coolermaster's fault by the way, though their manuals are awful in explaining things. This thread has helped me getting started, so I thought it only fair to add my info to it.

Edited by Milmoor
Minor text improvements

Gold333    0

Never, never, never, never, never, never buy the ML240R. Never. I had to exchange 5 units! The first two had screws with misaligned screw threads so they couldn't be fitted. On the third one, the lower radiator fan failed with no symptoms causing a massive overheat that could have fried my 8700K, 1080Ti, Gskill TridentZ, system. The CPU had been at 77 degrees while gaming without me knowing. The components inside the case were too hot to touch. You literally could not rest your finger on them. The fourth one came with non functioning lights out of the box. The fifth one came with non functioning control box. Remember swapping each of these coolers requires taking out the cpu and cleaning the TIM off it as well. Check the Coolermaster forums. They have given up. There are just people posting swear words because no one from Coolermaster is replying. The admins have given up. Never buy this. Save your systems life. I'm gonna get an X62 and swap out the fans for rgb versions on Monday. I just hope I can place the X62 rotated so the tubes stick out on the top side on the CPU. We'll see.

AWESUMO    0

Jesus is it really that hard?
 - Make sure your motherboard has ARGB header.

- Take the provided ARGB extension cable, plug it in the ARGB header on your motherboard.

- Take the RGB splitter provided with the cooler and plug it in the ARGB extension cable.

- Take your fan RGB cables and your pump rgb cable and plug them in your splitter cable.

- Turn on your PC.

You don't need the ARGB controller if you want to sync up with AURA. I'm using Maximus XI Hero's ADD_HEADER1 port, works without any issue.

Edited by AWESUMO