Rafael

ML240R COMPATIBLE WITH ASUS AURA SYNC?

Rafael    1

Is this cooler compatible with Asus Aura Sync? I saw the badge on the web page for it but do not see the badging for it on the box.

• Like 1

acalapez    0

I supose yes.

I bought one. but my aura sync cant see the cooler....   

probably the connectios... I saw a little botom witch manages the light.  

Probably that botom as to connect with something on your MB to aura sync see

if you know something else, help me to 

regards,

Smee    0

Seeing as no one has answered this I will.
NO! it's not compatible with Aura. 
You cannot plug the ML240/120R fan or pump LEDs into the RGB header on an ASUS MB.
The Aura compatible badge on the box is a scam to get you to buy it.
How do I know? 
Well, I have been through two ML240R's. First ones LED's died within a week. Now the replacement controller box has died and I'm waiting for Coolermaster to answer my support ticket.
I only bought this watercooler cause I thought it was compatible with my ASUS Aura M/B. 
BTW: I have 30 years of PC experience.

f0x13    0
Posted (edited)

I purchased this today as it's listed on Asus own website that its Aura sync compatible.

After slogging through the TERRIBLE manual (come on Coolermaster!), i found hours later despite numerous tries that no, it is not compatible with Aura.

The Aura plugin is visible when you download the software from CM, but it's greyed out for me.

EDIT: Figured it out and got it to sync with Asus Aura - the ML240 needs to have the CM software installed to enable Asus Aura (although the AURA & AURORA plugins are still unaccessible from the software.)

I detached the controller and just used the 3in1 aRGB cable, plugged that into the aRGB of the Z370-F, opened both CM & Aura apps, and it synced.

Edited by f0x13

Mayo0666    0

BUT for me that i do not have a 3pin connector on the Sus Mobo but only a 4 pin connector for RGB, can I connect fans and cooler to Asus Aura by the controller???

Gold333    0

Cooler Master MasterLiquid 120 and 240R are NOT compatible with Asus motherboards (Aura). Beware before you buy.

f0x13    0
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Gold333 said:

Cooler Master MasterLiquid 120 and 240R are NOT compatible with Asus motherboards (Aura). Beware before you buy.

Unfortunately that's not true mate. I've got my ML240R working with Aura, as some other users do as well i've read on Amazon. Software is buggy as :) but i've managed to get it synced with my Z370-F / Asus Aura board:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y5V57RbERSp1rVGF9 - video shows me switching from rainbow to starry night via Aura.

Also managed to get the hub working with Aura, which i've got plugged in and is what's controlling the aRGB on the video.

Edited by f0x13

Xeno    0
Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2018 at 6:21 AM, f0x13 said:

Unfortunately that's not true mate. I've got my ML240R working with Aura, as some other users do as well i've read on Amazon. Software is buggy as :) but i've managed to get it synced with my Z370-F / Asus Aura board:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y5V57RbERSp1rVGF9 - video shows me switching from rainbow to starry night via Aura.

Also managed to get the hub working with Aura, which i've got plugged in and is what's controlling the aRGB on the video.

I'd have used the word "Fortunately". :o) Glad you got this working. I'm about to start a build with this cooler in a CM H500M case which also has a controller/hub. Would you mind giving some specifics as to how you connected everything to put me and anyone else who might run into trouble on the right track?

Edited by Xeno