Paul

ML240R RGB motherboard connection problem

Paul    0

I can't seem to figure out how to connect the 4 pins from my motherboard to the fans/pump rgb as seen in the image. I've connected both the fans and the pump rgb's to the 3 way spliter and wanted to connect that to my motherboards rgb pins. There is a 4 pin socket but that ends with 4 pins so same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_0509.JPG

Paul    0

So I take that you can't directly connect to the motherboards rgb input and let the motherboard control the colours?

On 4/7/2018 at 2:43 PM, Spaceman420 said:

You gotta have this plugin on your motherboard and then you don’t need the controller, you can use asus aura to control 

E2A459C0-28CD-4C9C-8FBB-08955668BB57.png

Pretty sure Aura is 4 pins and 12v, isn't it?

Reddorki    0

Aura, like RGB-Fusion & MSI Mystic light, is a software that can combine addressable and non addressable leds. But for connecting addressable leds to the motherboard you need the 3-pin connectors on your motherboard as shown with 5V. The standard 5050 Leds are working with 4 pins and need 12V (the connector you show in your OP)

mbodon    0

I'm having the same issue having just purchased 4 MasterFan MF12R ARGBs only to learn their their 3-Pin ARBG connection is not compatible with my 4-pin 5050 RGB header on my motherboard (ASUS Prime X470-Pro).  It does look like the Cooler Master ML240R comes with its own controller (same shown in the picture above) but I'm unable to find where I can purchase one.  Does anyone know where I could find this controller or another that would work in its place?