Philip

ARGB header issue on the ML240R RGB liquid cooler

Philip    0

Hey CM forum,

Just wondering if anyone else who has the ML240R RGB liquid cooler (or the ML120R) has had issues with connecting the RGB cables to their motherboard?

From what i can tell, due to the pin layout (like this where "O" is blank - XXOX) it wont fit either any RGB or RGBW header, but also it wont fit a standard digital LED or ARGB pin which has three pins in a row (XXX)?

I know that these are addressable RGB fans and don't use the standard RGB headers, but the product says it is compatible with RGB Fusion and gigabyte motherboards.  I'm just wondering how i can get it to be controlled by the motherboard and not the wired controller?

Also, there is no information on how to connect up the ARGB  wired controller (as its not on the website) and the included booklet is very basic.

If the controller is connected to the MB via the USB cable, will that allow MB control?

Grateful for any help from users or from CM?

Mohd Noh    29

Hello

Would be nice if you can create a ticket and our customer services will give you more details regarding what you already mentioned above .

Philip    0

Thanks Mohd,

I have created a ticket (# 00118154).

Even if there was more information on the new ARGB controller that comes with the ML240R RGB  it would be usefull.  There is no info for that controller on the website at all and it is different the normal controller as it uses addressable RGB connections.

Cheers.,

Phil

Mohd Noh    29

Hi Phil .

Thanks and please patient because our customer service will reply your tickit as soon as possible. 

H-dawg    0
On 3/22/2018 at 10:34 PM, Mohd Noh said:

Hello

Would be nice if you can create a ticket and our customer services will give you more details regarding what you already mentioned above .

Considering getting this as well as 4 more argb fans(if I can find them) for a build I’m planning.

1) is this the kind of response that I can expect from customer support for asking completely valid questions? No “please”? No “thank you for choosing our product”? No “sorry you’re having troubles with your investment”? Or is that person not affiliated with cooler master? if that’s the case then nvm it was better than most forum chatter. 

2) was this ever resolved?

Hi  the 4 pin (XX0X) header is found on motherboard like gigabytes , asus and  msi which have adresseable RGB connection , just if you want you can find or mod a cable which convert a 3 pin header (5v/12v - data - ground) in a 4 pin (5v/12v -data- nothing -ground) to fit in other motherboard who had the 3pin argb header 

You can find which connection you have in your motherboard manual , the manual can be found on their own website 

note: a rgb and argb connection  is not compatible 
a 4 pin rgb (XXXX) is made to provide different voltage on 3 different pin and run only on 12 volt (12volt - green -red -blue) 
note 2 on different manual the argb connection can be called adresseable led  or digital led