Tristan Meadows

Coolermaster Rgb controller not working.

So i cant get my rgb controller to work. All my fans are getting power as they are rotating through the rbg colours but the software says connect device and in device manger It is saying Unknown USB device ( Device Descriptor Request Failed).

have tried all the common fixes. Started with drivers uninstalled and reinstall(also uninstalled and reset to let windows update automatically). Double checked all the wiring was correct still same issue. 
Tried both headers and they are working(have my front 2.0 running off 1 and they are working fine in both slots). Tried the controller in my friends machine and it worked with no issues software could run and adjust the LED's.
Tried re-installing the software on my machine with a folder wipe also but just get the same thing asking me to connect the device and in manager "
Device Descriptor Request Failed" still. 
If its working in my friends machine it shouldnt be faulty ? 
Anyone got any idea's iam scratching my head about it.

Mohd Noh    29

Hello ,

That message is usually there if the USB cable or the sata cable is not plugged in

May i know what kind specs you have + can you print screen the error ?

I just make this part 1-2 weeks ago with z97x board > nothing error i get in windows 10 pro ( original ) fully update like just plug and play

By the way did you try to uninstall then delete all related folder ?

And try read this : RGB Controller Not Recognized

4.jpg.be1c89a2c8e1782d63da8a4c04edb394.jpg

Ok i got him sorted. It turns out just port 3 had an issues. Once i unplugged it would work. If i pluged other socket into it crash. Id say there is a short or something on the board. I have a replacement unit now and its working as intended ! 

Mohd Noh    29
9 minutes ago, Tristan Meadows said:

Ok i got him sorted. It turns out just port 3 had an issues. Once i unplugged it would work. If i pluged other socket into it crash. Id say there is a short or something on the board. I have a replacement unit now and its working as intended ! 

Great and mean this issue has been solved ?