mannimal    0

Hey All!  I have a MSIZ97 mobo with an Intel I7 4770 chip in it.  Recently upgraded intel fan to the CM 212.  As I type this, no problem, fan is running very quiet.  I am not gaming right now or doing anything outside net browsing. The side panel is also off. 

However, my issue is that the fan gets very loud. When I go into the MSI bios, can't control.  Also, tried controlling the fan speed from the MSI Command Center, still no luck. The chip is not running hot.  Welcome any suggestions to troubleshoot this. Thank you!

MSI_Snap - FAN.jpg

MSI_SnapShot.jpg

Edited by mannimal
add images

Mohd Noh    31

Hello

May i know what kind cooling you have ?

And may i know how you install the cooling + the fans allocate at where in your motherboard CPU fans Header ? ?

mannimal    0

Hello!  Thanks for the reply.

Type of cooling? I have the Cooler Master 212 LED installed. 

I installed it by following the directions...used Antec Formula 7 Nano Diamond thermal compound. 

I have a fan directly above the cooler and behind it in the case.  

Does this help?  

Mohd Noh    31
2 hours ago, mannimal said:

Hello!  Thanks for the reply.

Type of cooling? I have the Cooler Master 212 LED installed. 

I installed it by following the directions...used Antec Formula 7 Nano Diamond thermal compound. 

I have a fan directly above the cooler and behind it in the case.  

Does this help?  

Hello

You meant is this one right ? : HYPER 212 LED

The fan connector is PWN mean PWM fans are controlled by BIOS using pulse sensors. They are plugged on the motherboard 4 pin modules. you need plug it at a 4-pin module called "chassis fan" header or "sysfan" or something like that. Cpu fan with the same way is connected to the "cpu fan" 4-pin header which should be near your processor. Check your motherboard to see how many 4-pin headers exist. Then decide which fans you want to be controlled from bios.

And correct me below is type of you board right and got 3 .... 

aFAFAFAF.thumb.jpg.800300381a93c1a3bef85fde171ea561.jpg

If this still make you concerned or still facing same issue , i love suggest you by contacting our customer services for more detail .

mannimal    0

Thank you! I made the change, but it is still very loud.  How do I connect with customer service live?

Mohd Noh    31
16 minutes ago, mannimal said:

Thank you! I made the change, but it is still very loud.  How do I connect with customer service live?

Currently is Chinese New Year + week end well i suggest you try get them via ticket : Submit a request