John Villalovos

How long before support answers ticket?

I have a MasterLiquid Lite 120 and it keeps making noises. I have an i7-8700K and when I run Prime95 the temperature gets up into the 85C range on it, which I feel is too high. At idle it is about 33C.

The noises also worry/annoy me. It will be silent for a few seconds and then I hear whirring from the closed case for a few seconds and then silent for a few seconds and repeat. This is at idle.

I submitted a support ticket on 19-Jan-2018 and I have not gotten any response :cry:

Alex    1

Hey John, 

I too experienced the same issue shortly after installing the MasterLiquid 120 lite CPU Cooler.  Have you tried checking your motherboard fan settings in the BIOS?  I found that the MSI motherboard that I'm using defaults the CPU and pump headers to use the PWM mode (with 4 pin plug).  From what I found in other forums, the pump on these coolers (with 3 pin plug) need a steady supply of power so you want to set the pump header to use the DC mode.  After updating the pump header setting, I verified that the other fans were set to the correct mode, saved changes and restarted.  After that, all was nice and quiet.  No more noises from the pump and the CPU is nice and cool since.  I hope this helps.

- Alex

• Upvote 1

Mohd Noh    28
3 hours ago, Alex said:

Hey John, 

I too experienced the same issue shortly after installing the MasterLiquid 120 lite CPU Cooler.  Have you tried checking your motherboard fan settings in the BIOS?  I found that the MSI motherboard that I'm using defaults the CPU and pump headers to use the PWM mode (with 4 pin plug).  From what I found in other forums, the pump on these coolers (with 3 pin plug) need a steady supply of power so you want to set the pump header to use the DC mode.  After updating the pump header setting, I verified that the other fans were set to the correct mode, saved changes and restarted.  After that, all was nice and quiet.  No more noises from the pump and the CPU is nice and cool since.  I hope this helps.

- Alex

Great info and thanks

My ML 240 L and 120 L will be arrive next week so i cant make any story line ...unless touch customer services , they will assist you

13 hours ago, Alex said:

Hey John, 

- Alex

Thanks for the info Alex! I found the DC setting buried in the Advanced settings on my ASRock Z370 Pro4. I did change it to DC. But no changes that I can tell. Still get the rise and fall sound. Still having 85C or higher temps when running Prime95. I'm going to do a replacement via Amazon and see if a different unit will work better.

Still have not heard anything from my support ticket. I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed that after a week support has not responded to my ticket.

10 hours ago, Mohd Dzuld said:

Great info and thanks

My ML 240 L and 120 L will be arrive next week so i cant make any story line ...unless touch customer services , they will assist you

Doesn't seem like customer services will assist me. I submitted my ticket a week ago (19-Jan-2018) and no response :cry:

Dmitriy    0

Hi John, i also try to reach Tech. Support team during last month. Only 1 reply.

I guess: Cooler Master do not provide proper tech_support any more. May be financial difficulties?

Another disappointment for IT community :tongue4: