I just installed the Master Liquid 120 Lite. Is it supposed to run at 100% all the time? Since it's a 3 pin connector it doesn't work with PWM?

The reason i bought this item was because my previous air-fan was loud, but the 120 Lite pump is even louder....

whoisit1118    0

I have the same question, I just bought the Master Liquid 120 Lite RGB version and it is so loud as it always runs at 100%. Also, if I plug it in to the CPU FAN pin instead, I could lower the RPM and make it much quieter, but will that damage the AIO? thanks

Mohd Noh    19
16 minutes ago, whoisit1118 said:

I have the same question, I just bought the Master Liquid 120 Lite RGB version and it is so loud as it always runs at 100%. Also, if I plug it in to the CPU FAN pin instead, I could lower the RPM and make it much quieter, but will that damage the AIO? thanks

Hello Guys

please check as below :

http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-determine-if-the-pump-is-functioning-on-your-liquid-cooler/?q=liquid&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/Liquid-Cooling-Where-do-I-connect-the-Fans-and-Pump/?q=liquid&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

I could connect the pump to a chassies_fan port, but that wouldn't make any difference concidering that all my chassies_fan ports are 4 pin, and only 2 out of 3 chassies_fan ports are manageble from BIOS. My motherboard is "asrock z170 pro4s". Im starting to think that it's not really compatible with water cooling..... Should probably have researched a little more before I bought the 120 Lite :( @Mohd Dzuld is it normal for pumps to make a little bit of noise when they're new? Or could it just be air bubbles? It doesn't sound like it, but you never know...

Edited by Adrian Thorsen